Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup. I'll be in South Dakota from the 16th - 21st, and I'm not sure if I will have internet or not. But, just wanted to let you guys know why I might be gone!
It's going to be a glorious 10 hour drive, LOL, so this will be fun. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
A tip that I have for you is to bring a good book to read if it's going to be a 10 hour drive. I'm glad that you are able to go on a vacation before you have to go back to school.

Did you figure out what to do about Dudley's temperature issue?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I had an awesome time. Yup, I had a book! :D
And I put Dud downstairs on the main level of the house instead of my bedroom, because it is cooler down there.

I just got back, and I am really ticked off at my friend that was watching my pets right now. :( Smudgie had no hay or water andnwhat was left of the container of veggies that I packed him for the week was laying in my bedroom (They are probably rotten now) and Tilly had no hay either. Dud looks like he actually was fed, but one of my baby bamboo plants that I told her to water died. She's watched my pets a million times and always has taken great care of them. I write care instructions for everyone, and I showed her what to do the day before we left too. We were gonna pay her, like, $50 for this too so IDK what to do.
If Smudge was without hay for too long, there's a chance I will need to cough up $120+ for another bunny dental... UGGGGHHH

[/endrant]

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
oh my goodness!! Not good. Can you restrict Smudge from pellets for a day or two completely and just have him munching hay?? I hope his teeth are okay. I would definitely not pay her what you were originally going to!! Explain to her to really hit home the importance. If she's smart she will have learned her lesson, there's no excuse for a job poorly done. Meanwhile, I've seen people take vengeance and totally agree and then be trusted for next time and do a worse job :/ Could you get someone else for next time?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smudge had lost a little weight, so I don't want to take pellets totally away right now, because the vet thought he should have a teeny bit more. But so far, he seems OK and his eyes haven't gotten worse or anything.
I think I'm just going to let this go, and ask my other neighbor to watch them instead. It's just hard to find someone who will take care of Dud for me. But we payed her $25, which is still like $5/day. I don't want to be mean to her about it though, cause she just had mouth surgery yesterday. :/ I was just REALLY freaking out about it yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Thank goodness that your pets seem to be okay, because they could have ended up in big trouble if you had been gone longer. It's important to check water bottles a couple times a day or more, because they can leak out. I was mainly concerned for Dudley, because not everyone knows how to care for reptiles. I hope that there are no serious problems that might pop up. Going on a vacation is a good way to end any month. Glad that you are safely back.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm really glad that I had gotten back on Thursday and not a dday later! Smudge has a dish (The only water bottle I've ever had that doesn't leak is being used by Tilly) so it wouldn't have leaked, but Smudge drinks a lot and it can evaporate easier.

But IMO, Dudley is probably the easier one to care for while I'm gone! The lights are on timers and I already have the temps figured out, so he pretty much just need some veggies every day (That I pre-chop, LOL), wormies one or 2 of the days I'm gone, and he goes to the bathroom every other day so he's not hard to clean up after. I still worry about his a lot anyways, though. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Jess: How are your rabbit's teeth doing now? A quick tip is that Oxbow has biscuits that might help with its teeth a little.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't noticedhis eyes getting worse, and he is still eating a ton of hay, so I'm pretty sure that he is fine. :D I'll look for those Oxbow treats. Thanks for checking in!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts