·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I think possibly shepherd hound mix :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno he's a mystery....He herds chickens like a cattle dog, has the fur texture of a chow, low key energy, only weighs 49.2 at 9 months, loves water like a lab, has an overbite like a boxer or bulldog, it's hard to tell for me because his previous "owners" decided to wrap a rubberband around his tail and docked it in half :( poor dog has so many scars on his legs.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Definitely part chow. Does he have black on his tongue?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know our Banfield (the vet in Petsmart) offers it. Probably pricey.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think those are a rip off, I can't imagine they'd tell you any more than what we've told you. Just think about human DNA, no send-in blood is gonna tell you ANYTHING about the person (besides VERY generic ethnicity) or where they came from.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah, I see a lab/chow as well. . .

This is the fun of getting a rescue/shelter dog. :D The mystery of figuring out just what type of mutt your new companion is. :) I personally love mutts, they are so exotic and one-of-a-kind. :)

·
Lovin' my pack!
774 Posts
I think alot of vets will just throw out Pit as the possible mix...I would guess chow/lab mix. Poor thing sounds terribly abused!! Good thing he's found a new home with you! Mutts can carry the best traits of what they're mixed with..I sometimes think my mutts smarter than my purebreds!! lol!! I'd never part with her!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a beautiful dog!!! Jax is definitely one of a kind lol, he is a little "slow" on learning but I think thats a chow thing. He is so sweet though and follows me like a shadow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts