Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Guess what!! :D

4K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Lalyrikacrow 
#1 ·
I'm getting two new rats tomorrow!! :D
I'm so excited; Dad finally gave in and said that we could get two more for the sake of Rayray because he is really miserable and lonely at the moment.
Okay, so although I owned four rats at one time before, I never actually did anything properly; I just got two more rats and put them in the same cage as my other two. Which I admit was most likely why I ghad so many problems with them.
So this time, I want to do it all properly.
I have a temporary seperate cage set up for the two new boys and I know to keep them in quarenteen for 1-2 weeks and slowly introduce them to Rayray in a space where none of them are used too being, for small intervals a couple of times a day. At the moment, I have put a small top that smells of Rayray in their cage to get used to his smell and also one that smells of me in there.
Have you got any other tips?
I'm at work the whole day tomorrow, so I'm giving my Mum the responsibility of choosing me two boys and given her lots of money to go shopping with for loads of new stuff for them. I really want this to go well!!
Thanks in advance,
Nikita :)

See less See more
#9 ·
I came home from work today and Mum has gotten me a black and white berkshire rattie, and also a Himalayan rat :D I LOVE the himi boy, he is so beautiful!!
At the moment they are quite shy, and not to keen on being picked up, but they have to settle in and once they have calmed down they like to have a fuss.
I havn't named them yet, I don't want to rush into it. They are both lovely, and have great personalities :) The berk boy likes to stand on his hind legs all the time and he likes me to stroke his belly aha :D
I'll get pictures up as soon as I can, thanks everyone :)
xx

#11 ·
I'm sitting with them on my bed at the moment, they are a right pair hehe!
They're in their bed at the moment, the Berk has been the only one brave enough to come out, he is so funny :D he even tried to tip the himi one out of bed aha! I'm just talking to them and trying to bond before I go to my dads tomorrow. It's hard to get photos of the himi because he just wants to sleep in his bed, but I have some good ones of the berk :) I'll put them up tonight :) xx

#12 ·
Okay, so these photos are not great, in fact, they are awful paha, but it's the best i can do for now :)

Really sorry about them, they came out even darker on the computer than the were on my phone :(

I would appreciate any name suggestions, I'd like unique names with some nice meanings.
Thanks everyone :D

#14 ·
Aww thanks Lisa :D Yeah, berks are great!
I have some much better photo's now, still not brilliant, but you can see them a lot better :)

#15 ·
They are cute! And they look identical to two of my boys....wait,maybe I should check my cages and make sure they are still there!!!! :D Kidding!

Have fun with them.I don't have any name suggestions,but I am sure you will find something.

#16 ·
Aww thanks hehe XD
..... maybe you should check your cage :/ Paha :D:D
After seeing your himi boy, I was so jealous, so when I saw that Mum had got me a himi boy I was sooo over joyed hehe :)
I'm going to ask my family what they suggest for names, that would be nice :)
x

#24 ·
wow cuties they are. Congrates on getting them. I love them both they are so cute.

#26 ·
Hehe, I think we all do those sneaky little things :) their treats always smell so nice and look so tempting! :) never tried the dougnut things tho lol :p
I'm going to start a new thread soon with their names and some decent photos and I'll let you all know how they are doing :D

#27 ·
They are just too cute!! I love them! Lucky Bum! I love those Igloo's! I have like 10 of them..got them on sale @ Fosters & Smith! I especially like them as birthing Igloo's I can take the babies out really easily!
Again, congrats on the new boys! Please tell Rayray we still love him too!

#28 ·
Hehe, thanks :D Yes, the igloo's are great and the boys looove them so much to! :)
I will tell Rayray we still love him too :D He is being so cute at the moment, when i put him on the floor he tries to climb up my legs because all he wants is to be cuddled! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.