1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess what I got tonight??

An emperor scorpion.
:D

I have wanted an emperor for the last 6-7 years now.I have researched and loved scorpions for years.Even have a scorpion tattoo.I had all the things I needed for my scorpion,but never ever got it...till tonight.The several years I have waited to get one is worth it.

I am sad though,as it's (not sure whether it is male/female yet) tail was cut off...the stinger part.It is a shame.Emperors are not that dangerous (unless you are allergic to the venom) and they rarely use their stinger anyway,they usually use their pincers instead.So it is sad that the stinger was chopped off.Apparently they ALL have to be chopped before coming to Newfoundland.

Anyway all in all,I am happy with my scorpion.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I'm glad that you were able to find one after 6 years! Pics? :)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Awesome!! Pics or it didn't happen!!
Has the millipede shaped hole in your heart finally been filled? Haha :p

That's weird about the stinger, I think all the Emp. scorpions in the pet shops here still have their tails? I've heard that it is just like a bee sting, so I don't really see why they would cut off their tails, but whatever.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
So mean to cut off their stinger. Poor thing!

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
congrats. It sucks they cut the stinger off.Thats a a mean thing to do imo.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome!! Pics or it didn't happen!!
Has the millipede shaped hole in your heart finally been filled? Haha :p

That's weird about the stinger, I think all the Emp. scorpions in the pet shops here still have their tails? I've heard that it is just like a bee sting, so I don't really see why they would cut off their tails, but whatever.
Pictures in another thread! :D

I know...emperor scorpions are not as dangerous as other scorpions unless you are allergic to bee stings.I am not.

I seen "emps" here before with their stingers,but now it seems everywhere around here they have their tails chopped.I have been told that they are not allowed in NL unless their tails are chopped.Not sure how true it is because I can't find info on it,but that is what I am told.

I feel bad he doesn't have his stinger,though he doesn't seem to notice...he appears healthy and acts normal...but still...:(

And no,I have not seen millipedes for sale here in years! :(
I am still looking.I miss mine.So my eyes are constantly open when I go to pet stores,as I would love a "pede" again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts