Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I breed guppies - if you are interested please PM me. Pick up only.

Hello, one of my friends breeds guiena pigs..her username is Animal_Addict here. (No offence, but she doesnt know how to use to computer very well so I am going to post this for her) She asked me to post this for her, this is off her under destruction website.

BA GUIENA PIG HOME PAGE​
Welcome to the BA Guinea Pigs home page, which stands for Bates Guinea Pigs. BA Guinea Pigs are available almost year around. Please visit the “About Us” page for more information.

BA GUIENA PIG GIRLS​
MORE PIGS ADDED TO THIS PAGE SOON
Princess –brown and white w/ brown/tan streak down face, American Shorthaired female guinea pig. Born December 26th, 06. Expecting litter soon. Please visit “Upcoming litters” page for more information about this litter.

BA GUIENA PIGS BOYS​
MORE PIGS ADDED TO THIS PAGE SOON
Dynamite – tri-colored (brown/black/white) American Shorthaired male guinea pig. Born December 26th, 06. Fathering litter soon. Please visit “Upcoming litters” page for more information about this litter.

Guinea piglet’s upcoming litters
January, 07– No planned litters
February, 07– No planned litters
March, 07-One planned litter from Dynamite & Princess (to find out more about these guinea pigs visit the “BA Guinea Piglets Girls” and “BA Guinea Piglets Boys” pages). The litter should be here early-med March. We are expecting 1-4 piglets from this litter. Depending on the quality, the piglets in this litter’s price will range from $50-$60. To see the prices, check the “Available” page in March – make sure you check in immediately to reserve a guinea pig before someone else does. Check out the “Reserving a Piglet” page for more information on that.

About us​
BA Guinea Pigs is an at home “organization”. To us, our guinea pigs and what we call our “guinea piglets” (baby guinea pigs are really called kits!) are pets, not just “breeder guinea pigs” (like they are to some breeders) to us. Our retired breeders (to see them go to our “Retired Breeders” page) will not be sold; they are kept as pets until death. Anyone who inquires getting one of our guinea “piglets” will need to email us telling us about where the piglet will be housed, what it will be fed, what its bedding will be, etc. We are free to ask any questions about the guinea pigs new home as we please. Not trying to be rude when we say that, but where these guinea pigs go is very important to us. Before emailing us with questions, please visit the “FAQ” page, if none of the questions on that page answer your question, please email it to us [email protected] and we will email it to Breawna who will add it to the “FAQ” page.

Getting a piglet from BA guinea pigs​
NOTE: SORRY BUT WE DO NOT SHIP. YOU MUST PICK UP THE NEW ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY.
To get a piglet from BA Guinea Pigs, you must first visit the “About Guinea Pigs” page and learn about them. You may not think you need to visit that page and you may think you know everything you need to about these animals, but you probably don’t know it all. So please, for the guinea pigs safety, visit the page. And to make sure, we may ask you questions about the care page and how to care of them. After reading that page, email them at [email protected] and inquire about getting one. In that email, include why you want a guinea pig, why you decided to get one from us, what size cage you have or are getting, what you would be feeding if you know, and what kind of bedding you will be using if you know. You may have to fill out a form. We will ask more questions if we feel they are necessary to be asked and after that, you will be able to tell us what litter you want a piglet from and what sex/gender you want after looking at the “Upcoming Litters” page, or if you see one you want from the “Available” page, tell us which one and after that process, we will make an appointment for you to come over and view or take home your piglet. I almost forgot about the prices! Bring your money with you when you come to get your piglet! You can find the prices for you guinea pig wherever you found the guinea pig you want…which would be on the “Available” or “Upcoming Litters” pages. It may sound like a complicated process, but it is worth it. Our guinea pigs are very healthy and well taken care of, you will be receiving a great little piglet, and we feel we need to ask lots of questions and have you fill out a form to be sure our healthy, well taken care of, and great little piglets will be getting the best home they can get.

About guinea pigs​
Feeding: Guinea pigs should be fed a mixed diet of seeds/veggies & fruits. Have a full bowl each day for them to eat as they please.
Teeth: Guinea Pigs teeth grow out very quickly. They will grow into the tongue and gums if they are not cared for properly. Everyday give your guinea pig (s) each a block of wood, which you can get specially made for guinea pigs & hamsters at the local pet store around your town. Make sure they are given a lot of these or you will end up paying $100 at the veterinarians having them drill your pet’s teeth down.
Nails: Cutting a guinea pig’s nails is almost just as important as making sure their teeth do not grow too long. You can use human toe nail clippers (you can find them at the local grocery store), or dog toe nail clippers you can get from the pet store or a dog show. I have seen toe nail clippers specially made for guinea pigs, but they are rare to find in pet stores or anywhere else. When cutting the nails, be sure to be very careful. Do not cut any of the brown/pink part of the nail. That is called the “pink” and cutting it will make your guinea pig painfully bleed. It is very important to be careful, but if you do snip this delicate part of the nail, make sure you have something to stop and sooth the bleeding with.
Fluid: Make sure a full bottle of water is available for your guinea pig(s) at all times. Get a watering bottle from the pet store for your guinea pig, and make sure it is at least 70% full at all times. Some people make the mistake of thinking they only need to give their pet’s new water whenever it runs out, but it is very important to have fresh water AT ALL TIMES for healthy purposes.
Bedding: There are a ton of kinds of bedding for guinea pigs. I don’t mean like-blankets; I mean the stuff guinea pigs walk on at the bottom of their cage. Don’t use a hard substance because this will hurt your guinea pig’s feet. It would be like walking on sharp little rocks for you! Use shavings of some kind, choose for yourself, but don’t use something that will cause sickness or wheezing, or skin diseases in/on your guinea pig, which is fatal. I suggest Natural Pine Shavings.
Different kinds of cages: There are a lot of different kinds of cages for guinea pigs. There is one with a wire bottom – which is horrible for guinea pigs. You may think it’s the best because the poo slips through the bars and wire on the bottom so all you have to do when cleaning out the cage is take the tray out, dump the stuff on top of it off, rinse it, and put it back in the cage, but imagine being a guinea pig and walking on that. Or just being that small and walking on it. I don’t know about you, but my feet would hurt and burn. Guinea pigs feel the same way. Do your pets a big favor – and don’t get these kinds of cages!! Get a large cage that is *at least* 29 inches long, preferably longer. I am not over reacting about that either! Four or five guinea pigs could be housed in a cage 75 inches long. Height does not really matter, just make sure it is high enough for your guinea pigs to run and walk around, and for a few accessories to fit into…the height should be about 13 inches high. Your pet’s cage should have a plastic bottom covered fully with bedding; the walls should be made out of a tough, thick wire so they can see & smell what you can. A glass tank should not be used, nor should a full plastic cage be used. Just remember – plastic bottom, tough, thick wire walls.
Accessories for the cage: All guinea pigs need an igloo. Not a small one, an XL one for one full grown guinea pig, and one more XL one for each guinea pig. Two baby guinea pigs could easily share an XL though. A very large wheel for your guinea pig to run in from the pet store is a great accessory – and is a great source of exercise for your beloved pet.
Cleaning out the cage: Your guinea pigs need a very clean cage to run around in. There are two different times to clean your tank, and two different ways you need to do it. Daily, take the guinea pigs out and put them in the bathtub – a dry bathtub of course! Once the guinea pigs are out, check the bottom of the cage for any soiled shavings. Remove them and add a little more shavings. That is the daily cleaning job. Not so hard, eh? Weekly, remove all shavings and rinse the bottom of the cage, and the accessories in the cage. Now, that isn’t so hard either. It will take you a total of 10 minutes. And it is worth it to use a few minutes of your time to help you guinea pigs live a happy, healthy life.
Nutrition: Nutrition is important for your guinea pig(s). Nutrition is provided in your guinea pigs meal, or at least if you provide it in their meal! You must do this for your guinea pig to live a good life. And to do this – feed veggies, fruit, and a premium meal of guinea pig seed from the pet store.
Grooming: Grooming is VERY important for longhaired guinea pigs, shorthaired ones don’t need it very much. Use a toughly bristle brush to only brush the surface of the hair and a harder wiry brush just to use to get the knots out, not for the hair on the whole body.
Life Span: a guinea pigs average life span is 4-5 years old, although there has been some that have lived up to 8 years old with extraordinary care from their loving owners.
Activity Level: Guinea pigs love to run around, on a scale of 1-10, I would say their activity level is a 7 – since they have to sleep, eat, drink, and rest!
Handling: Handle your guinea pig at least once daily – for 15-30 minutes. Baby guinea pigs should be handled often so they grow up not to scratch the heck out of you!
Exercise: Exercise is important for your guinea pig. Take him out of his cage and let him run around in an enclosed, empty room such as the bathroom. Sit in the bathtub (a dry one of course!) with your guinea pig and let him run around and climb on your legs. Make sure you have jeans on though…guinea pig nails on skin hurt! Do this at least daily. An exercise wheel (Extra Large) from the pet store is something that can be kept in your guinea pig’s cage, and he will run on it while you are not able to take him out, so he gets all the exercise he needs inside his cage, and get all the exercise outside his cage with you.
Did you know: Did you know that breeding guinea pigs shortens their life? That is why; if you decide to breed your guinea pigs, only breed them once or twice, so you can enjoy your beloved pets for a longer time than you would if you bred them more than once or twice. If you really like breeding guinea pigs, keep one or two males and a three or four females from their litter and breed them. Did you know that guinea pigs live better in pairs? BAGP suggests you get a pair of guinea pigs. They live much better in pairs; they are much more comfortable and bond better with a companion in their cage too. Don’t think this will make them not bond as much to you as they do to their cage partner! Having a cage partner keeps them both occupied when you can not occupy them when they are in the cage – but when you take one of them out, they will love you just as much as they would without a partner, but they wouldn’t be as happy and as willing to bond without the partner. So – keep your guinea pigs happy, and buy two of them! Check out the “FAQ” page and you will find out about the discount when buying more than one guinea pig!

FAQ​
How much $ is the regular price of your piglets? It ranges from $50-$70 usually. It depends on the guinea pigs colors, quality, etc. Usually the price is $60, but there are a few that went up to $70, none have been as low at $50, but who knows? Maybe it will happen some time or another.
What is the discount if you get two guinea pigs? If you decide to get two guinea pigs (way better off for you companions!), you only have to pay the reserve price for one, meaning, find two you want on the Available page, and you only have to pay the reserve price for one!
How many pigs is your limit? At the moment we only own two. Our limit is four to six.
What are your guinea pigs fed? A premium seed/fruit meal.
How often are your guinea pigs handled? More than one time daily.
Are the “piglets” hand fed? Yes, as soon as they are weaned.
Are they “piglets” handled as they grow? Yes, they are handled frequently as they grow.
What is the reserve price? ¼ the price of the guinea pig you are reserving. For example – if a guinea pig is selling for $60, the reserve price will be $15.

Reserving a piglet​
Our piglets go very quickly after they become available. One the piglets are born, they are immediately put on the Available page with the date they become available. You will see that weeks after we put them on the Available page, there will be red print saying RESERVED. Check the “Upcoming Litters” page frequently to see when litters are coming, and check the “Available” page once the due date is hit. Check out the piglets, and if one comes to your liking, email BAGP at [email protected] and tell them which one you want to reserve until you can come and get it. They will tell you to bring the reserve money with the price of the guinea pig when you come to pick the piglet up. If you have more questions about this visit the “FAQ” page.

Available​
NOTE: SORRY BUT WE DO NOT SHIP. YOU MUST PICK UP THE NEW ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY.
No guinea pigs available at the moment. Please visit the “Upcoming Litters” page to see when they will get available.

· Registered
97 Posts
thank you Bre........ I will be happy for a pet lover to take one of the babies! Since you guys will know what you are getting into. We will post picture once they are born! but for now we are just waiting.....If you know you want a guinea pig in late feb-early March then I will let you have first pick. I am going to let them stay with thier mother for a month or so! If you want one be shure to contact me!

· Rodentologist
1,941 Posts

· Registered
2,229 Posts
i didnt know gp could be that expensive...all the pet stores i go to sell for 25bucks max...and they are quality pigs...peruvian, solid, american you name it..just the other day there was a sale 2 guinea pigs for $15 or one for $9...come to think of it i have NEVER seen them for such a high price

are you a certified breeder or is this your first time? what are the bloodlines? i would be interested if you could breed them for longevity as well as being less shy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.