Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guinea pig, Phineas, doesn't seem as "perky" as he used to. He's still eating good, drinking good, gaining weight perfectly, he just doesn't popcorn like he used to and when I hold him he seems bored or aggitated and nips at my shirt. The other night he bit my neck hard enough to leave a mark which is TOTALLY out of character!! He doesn't even nibble my fingers like Squeakers does! He sorta plays a bit in his cage with Squeakers, but just doesn't seem as "into it" as he did. He's approximately 5 and a half months old and is the submissive male of the pair. Is it just that he's growing up or are mood swings normal and he'll bounce back? Squeakers is a month older and is the same personality he always has been!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, also, he grinds with teeth a lot when I hold him or talk to him anymore. Sounds like he's eating but he's not.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Hmmm... Has anything in his enviornment changed that could be bothering him?
My guinea pigs will bite/nibble on me when they want to go back in their cage or go to the bathroom. If you ignore their nibbles, you WILL get peed on LOL!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha!! Yeah, I've been peed on twice for ignoring the nibbles!! LOL

Nothing has changed--other than the typical rearranging I do every other day when I clean their cage. He perked up a bit when I first put him in the clean cage, but then got a bit grouchy again!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Maybe he liked it arranged a certain way? As long as he isnt acting sick or in pain, Im guessing that its something enviornmental.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts