Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is jessica and my 6 week old hamster is biting! I have had him since last thursday (12th december 2013 ) . Once he bites he wont let go. i put my hand in the cage to offer him food and he bites . he also trys to bites when i go near the cage. I am scared he cant be handled.

I have had another hamster who is a couple of month old now and he NEVER bites and trusts me as he falls asleep in my hand.

Thank you for helping

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, you haven't had him that long, so this one might need more time to settle in. Don't put you hand IN the cage when you feed him just through the bars and make sure more food than fingers goes near him. Do that when ever he's awake and don't wake him up to do it, that will make him ratty. Also if he's out put your hand near enough to the bars so he gets your scent and gets used to it. Give those ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, and if your not feeding him, or anything else, don't eat anything before you want to put your hand in, he might think it's food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.