Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My problem is this.

Last week, I got a new hamster. He's a Male Syrian and my little sister called him Chrunchie.

Last Night. My Mum noticed something Odd about Chrunchie. He wouldn't open his eyes and his bum was all swollen. I don't know what is wrong but my mum has taken him to the vet at pet at hom just to check. He was fine yesterday morning and throughout the day. We just started seeing these signs last night.

Any help please:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also he's about 7 weeks old now

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Oh my, what did the vet say?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "Vet" Still hasn't called. He said that he'd keep Crunchie in his care just to check on him and everything and then he'd call. But alas... Still no word yet :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good News.

The t rang up this morning saying that Crunchie had Wet Tail. He's fine now and the Vet has put him on Antibiotics and ill hae to keep him for a few more days but he is vastly improving. I've researched Wet Tail and everything adds up. The syptoms everything. But I'm glad Crunchie is fine. I have a few pics and will hopeflly be up on these forums soon.

Love, Hugs and Hamsters x

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Excellent news. I am new to syrian hamsters as well, So i'm on the lookout for anything abnormal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks tinypixiexoxo I've Syrian Hamsters before so know how to handle them. I just didn't know how to deal with a Hamster with Wet Tail

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Oh lol sorry, why did I assume you were new to them?

Anyway, yay for Crunchie! Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have a few. Will put them up tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to say that Crunchie had to be put down today. The Vets thought he was recovering but when they checked him again. They said he wasn't so had to put him to sleep.
R.I.P Crunchie. You Shall Be Missed :'(

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
oh my goodness how sudden... :/

My favorite baby girl Jigglypuff died yesterday due to diabetes complications, so I feel for ya, and know what it's like.

:( :( :( rip Crunchie.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You Tiny and I'm sorry for Jigglypuff. But the Vet said that they can replace our hamster for free with a free cage and everything. as we only had him for 5 days. So we have a new Male Syrian "Dark Chocolate Colour) But we haven't really decided on a name for it yet. My sisters want to call it Cookie
RIP Jigglypuff

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Thank you you are sweet.

A new hammy! You are so lucky! And dark chocolate awwwww <3 <3

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Its probably a sable and Tiny Sadi is too old for wet tail so dont worry about that :) Tumors and respiratory problems are the main issues with syrians her age

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Our new Hamster has been called Pepsi now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts