Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had peter for about a month and have been working with him every day since i got him. hes from the humane society and i think he was ignored wherever he came from. he doesnt play with his toys, and he doesnt like being handled. i started training him with a wooden pearch and he did really well. then i started using my finger and now he gets freeked out every time i put my hand in the cage. he wont sit still for me to get him on my finger. does anyone know any tricks for hand-taming a budgie? :question:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found out today from the humane society that someone that works there found him on the street or something... im trying to get more info on it.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Soda and Pony were not trained at all when I got them. Now I would consider them semi-tame. Soda will step up on my hand when he feels like it and Pony prefers Soda's company. I had no trouble training Soda but I didn't pursue it as much as I could have. Good luck!

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just got a baby budgie last Thursday also so I am going to try working with him. I never did train Arianna, (I tried but she was just too freaked out. I shall continue trying.)That was a great link Jody thanks!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts