Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new harness, i am thinking the kind that looks more like a vest, because it looks safer around the neck and more comfortable.

where do you all buy your harnesses? And is there a certain brand you would recommend for quality / not easy for the rabbit to slip out of?

Thank you!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3598013&lmdn=Small+Pet This type of harness is the safest. And it looks the cutest!! :D When Spring rolls around again I'm thinking of getting Acacia one of these!
Currently I have a kitten harness. She's pretty good outside herein she will not jump out of the harness, though if she tried I'm sure she can. Last summer she was doing binkies up and down the yard (then they started to build a house next door and I couldn't take her outside anymore)
To train bunny to use a harness, just take her outside and then put it on. She'll be so interested in being outdoors that she will forget to be bothered by the harness. Some people like to try the harness indoors but I found with both Acacia and Akina they would just thrash around the living room trying to get it off. It did worse good. But with Acacia, associating the outdoors breeze with the harness seemed to go naturally hand in hand. She chewed her leash a bit one day but I put a stop to that :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that looks perfect! Benji out grew the last one, and it just didn't look safe / comfortable around the neck, but that looks really good. Benji did the exact same thing when i tried to train her inside on it! It was terrible, I think I am more nervous taking Benji outside than she is! But we are both working on it :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts