Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a huge bird of prey today and he was gorgeous. he was either an Eagle or a large hawk.
In the UK you only see sparrow hawks or kestrels so it was amazing to see such a magnificent bird flying around in its natural habitat.

·
Princess in Waiting
1,377 Posts
:) Whichever it was, wasn't it magnificent? I've rehabbed a couple of hawks (and owls) that have such a wing spread that it is just unreal. I live in the US in Florida and my husband has often seen eagles on the golf course and going out in the boat you can see Osprey (look 'em up - they're cool!) and hawks. I think we're the only people among the others we know who spend more time going slowly and looking at the wildlife than hauling it across the water!

Just as what I think is an amusing side note, in one of the older parks down here (Silver Springs) they used to film the old Tarzan movies. When they were finished with the movies there was no catching all the monkeys so there is an island down there just full of them! So neat. There used to also be a bunch (don't know the proper name) of pigs that would here the tour boats coming - the drivers would blow the whistle - and they would come running down to get something to eat. So funny! Ya gotta love animals!

I watched a show on TV today about a woman who had raised some clouded leopards from little bitty fellers until time to release. I couldn't watch the release because I'm very emotional right now and I knew it would make me cry!

Thanks for sharing! Sorry I got so wordy on my response.

Critter

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries.
He was amazing.
I looked out for him today but did not see him but I did spot a Kestrel.
When I went to Florida we saw a huge bird of prey diving in the water catching fish.
We were on an air boat and he came right near us.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You guys would love it here, we have a lot of bald eagles, they are so beautiful to watch. These birds command respect but they dont always get it, awhile back there was someone in this province (British Columbia) shooting bald eagles down and selling the parts :(. They found the remains of over 40 of these birds. I think its just disgusting that anyone would do that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i saw 2 red tailed hawks in my back yard beautiful birds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts