Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an email today from the Sugar Glider Super Store. They have heat lamps featured for $48.79, and I have been thinking about getting one.

However, I was wondering - will the light from the lamp bother my gliders eyes and level of activity. I am in a new house, and I am worried it might get too cold for her this winter - but I dont think a heating pad would be safe for her (chew the cord...)

Does anyone use a heat lamp of another alternative? I want to make sure that she is nice and cozy when the temperatures start to drop! Thanks!!

(oh and can I get a better deal on a heat lamp somewhere else... like will a regular reptile heat lamp do the trick if thats the best option?)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
You know, that's an interesting question. But I do have an alternative that will definitely be fine--a ceramic heat emitter. It's sort of like a heat lamp but without the light :). There are also heat pads but I think a ceramic heat emitter would be easier to use with a cage.

Sorry I can't help more, I have no idea if it really bothers them or not!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give the ceramic heater a try. Is there a brand you recommend - or a store that offers them at a good price?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I can't think of any brands off the top of my head, they're all usually about the same. But http://www.drsfostersmith.com is usually a good place to order supplies, they have good prices. I'm sure there are plenty of other sites, though! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts