Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Yes, i own more that 10 hogs!*WOW*

Votes: 2 4.3%
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh, heres a pic of Bridget annointing. Shes not very twisted up though, and usually she twists so far it looks too sick to watch!hehe she liked licking a candle for this one!!
ps, please dont mind the overly poopie feet..It was bath time!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Great pic Cait! I don't have any of Louie anointing. He doesn't do it often either...but sometimes when he does it really grosses me out! lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ohh I love that picture Cait! Thanks! Her tongue sticking out looks so cute!
OK - so they "annoint" when they come in contact with something? Then foam and rub the spit onto themselves... and twist themselves around to reach parts of their bodies? Wow... that really is facinating! Annointing sounds like a religious ritual - and the way I hear it described here... it sounds like it almost is :)

I would not have known that Bridget had poopie feet ! Even after you mentioned it and I looked at the picture again... I thought she had freckles :lol:

Jodi - why does it gross you out when Louie does it? I adore his name, btw :)

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
When Louie annoints - he really annoints! It's not just a little spit....it's all foamy and watching him spread it all over his quills is....ummmm....interesting.

They are very neat little guys though. It's just one of those things that gets to me...go figure...I spend an hour cleaning Toby's cage and don't get grossed out! :lol:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
:rofl: I call the bird cages "guano pits" - I hate, hate, hate, cleaning bird cages- but I do it and it doesn't gross me out either.
(It's supposed to be Jim's job!! grrrrrrr)

This is so off topic for this thread but...
yanno what I got that is the *best* thing I ever bought to help me clean those cages? A hand held steam cleaner! It shoots a stream of steam that virtually melts the mess... all you have to do is wipe it up. Then I just go over it with my usual disinfectant cleaner - shoot some more steam- and wipe it all down dry. It's fast, gets into all the hard to reach places, and the cages sparkle. (for about 2 minutes- after I put them back in :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here's a picture of our Goober. This is back in December, just after we got her, so she's still just a wee one. I really need to get some more recent pics of her with the digital camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Oh my gosh! She's adorable!! makes me want to smother her little face in kisses.... umm... I don't know if you can kiss a hedgie though, can you? :lol:

Precious and adorable!!! :lovies:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
AWW! Goober is adorable! Yah, i always kiss my girls little faces!hehehe...And Deja i forgot to sy that they dont annoint with eVERYTHING they come in contact with., but more of things that they like the smell of, like a new food they try, pillows, candles ect..:)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
ooooh! ok! I understand now!
The closest thing I can relate annointing to is when my mini-macaw Dante "loves himself" with a peanut!!

He takes the peanut in his foot and rubs it all over his head and face... it's the most hillarious thing to watch :rofl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have two hedgies One brown male name Hedgie-he was a rescue and is sweet. He is about a year old. And I have a chocolate female named Hedgewig who is 3 months old and is quilling need I say more!!! I love them both very much!!

Shannon

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Hey Shannon.....ahhh, the baby quilling phase! Those baby quills are sharp aren't they? How many have you stepped on recently? (ouch!)

do ya have any pics of your hedgies?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I agree! they hurt!
OH PICS PICS PICS! We sure do love seeing pics of everyones quill babies :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi
We have 6 hedgies and counting. 5 are from the pet store that my daughter works at and our oldest boy is an adoptee from a family who couldn't keep him any longer.

I say and counting because there is a little guy at the store who lets my daughter rub his belly so I anticipate we may soon have 7.

Here is our baby boy Bandit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Bandit is adorable :lovies: awww what a cute little face!

I love seeing pictures of everyone's hedgies :heart:

21 - 40 of 60 Posts