Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, after seeing the cute little snowball pictures :jump: with the 'bouncing poop' in the wheel, I'm realizing my hedgies' poop probably isn't normal.

I have two hedgies, Bubbles (10 weeks old) and Oprah (8 weeks old). I purchased them from a USDA certified breeder who got them from yet another USDA certified breeder because the lady I got them from couldn't meet the demand of her huge waiting list (300+ people).

The hedgies seem very happy, energetic, and playful, but we've had them for 2 weeks on the food recommended by the breeder (Purina One cat food) and their poo is just some really runny nasty NASTY stuff. :yuck:

Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe I just need to take 'em to the vet. :shrug:

Thanks,
Debra

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a book about hedgehogs and it says there is no apparent cause of Diarrhea ( if thats what your hedgehogs have) but can often be a symptom of a disease, it says that it is advisable to consult a veterinarian, to diagnose the problem and prescribe a treatment, if needed.--- Hedgehogs shouldnt have runny poop. I hope your hedgies are ok, but i'm sure they are. I hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got my hedgie and he had some diareah. It wasnt as runny as yours is though so you may want to take him to the vet. Mines poop seems to be hardening becuase they gave him bad food. Do you know what kind of food they were giving him?

·
Registered
5 Posts
well it is probably is his food you should probably change it. My sisters use low fat wellness healthy weight and Iams lowfat. My sisters had squishy poop too and it is getting alot better. Hope it gets better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.