Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site and I'm already addicted. We're going to the shelter tomorrow and hoping to bring home a beautiful Flemish Giant who it up for adoption there. These forums have such great information for a first time bunny owner.

If anyone has any good name suggestions I'm open to ideas. My son wants to name him either Bunny Kong or Bunzilla. lol

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
hi and welcome!!! and a flemish giant WHOA! beautiful creatures. lol i like bunzilla but i'd personally call him something funny like norbert or harry

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
A Flemish Giant - that is awesome! I just saw one of those today at a shelter and she had the most wonderful laid back disposition. She just wanted to be loved on. I kept telling her that she was not a bunny - she was a puppy.
Please post pictures when you get him.
It will be easier to suggest names once I know what he looks like.

·
Registered
144 Posts
wow those are really big ( will thats why their giants lol) please add pictures when u get him .... i like bunizilla i think that would suit their size

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hello and welcome to paw talk. Sorry...I don't do well with names. Both my kids hate the names I picked for them. Maybe I might suggest something once I see your bunny. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome! If we're not home too late I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I haven't adopted in years and the last time I remember it taking a couple hours to process everything, so we might be wiped out by the time we get home.

The woman at the shelter says he's already about 22 lbs lmao. I can't wait to meet him. I think he's about 2 years old. :)

·
Wacky Chimpnose
6,239 Posts
First of all - :welcome:

What a huge bun bun!! :yikes: I can't wait to see pictures!

For a name, what about something contridictory, like Tiny or Lil Bit? Or what about after the actor Dennis Hopper? Haha!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol

whoa!!! Just a little fella!!! :lol: I'm glad I don't have to carry that carrier. I can't wait for the photo's. :)

LOL Don't think I haven't been dreading that. My husband can't come with us because he has a severe dog allergy and the shelter keeps dogs too. Just being there would set him off. So I'm hoping the nice people there will just help me get him to the car and then I'll get my hubby to bring him into the house. I'm so excited I couldn't sleep last night.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics!!!

Omg he's the sweetest thing ever. He's already coming up to us for scratches. He is HUGE - he came with a dog crate that fits up to 100 lb dogs. LOL

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
WOW! He's huge! For some reason the first name that came to me when I saw the pics was Jasper. What a cutie!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow. 22 lbs. I can't even imagine how big he must be. And here I thought my sister's first bunny was a beast at 10 lbs.

--Fromper

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
wow he is just gorgeous!! amazing. congrats on his arrival

·
Registered
98 Posts
aww congrats! I think I'm a little late, but whatever lol Welcome to the forum and all that, too.

What a big bunny! And my sister thought my Netherland Dwarf was huge! hahaha :D I liked the suggestions for Bunzilla or Norbert if you didn't choose already

·
Registered
144 Posts
woow he's hugggee i would love a rabbit that big... hmm but i wonder how it sounds when he thumbs his feet lol. congratz... so did u decide wat to name him?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
woow he's hugggee i would love a rabbit that big... hmm but i wonder how it sounds when he thumbs his feet lol. congratz... so did u decide wat to name him?

I really felt as if "Thumper" would be a fitting name for him - because when he hops it makes the loudest thumping sound you've ever heard. lol However, I just felt like Thumper was such a cliche name (I hope no one takes that personally!)

So anyway, we decided to name him Hagrid. If you're a Harry Potter fan you'll know how perfect that is for a big giant bunny. :)

Oh btw, I took him to the vet today for a well check up and they literally called everyone in the whole office in to look at him. None of them had ever seen such a huge rabbit before. :crylaugh:

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I love his name!
I am so jealous - he looks so sweet and soft and cuddley - and HUGE!
My biggest maybe 6 pounds - but that is because he is chubby.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts