Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
741 views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
I'm Kimber and my family consists of my (human) daughter, Kayla, who is almost seven...and the furries! I have two dogs, Tucker (a yorkie) and Riley (a long-hair chihuahua). I have two ferrets, Sierra and Fable. I also have two sugar gliders, Timothy and Amelia. I have a fancy mousery, so far only the adults have names; Sebastian, Ginger, Penelope, Sophie, Daffodil and Thom. I am also slowly assuming responsibility for Cleo, the kitten, but I haven't fully made that transition yet. She lives with us, but I think my mom is keeping her when we move. I don't want to get too attached, and kitty litter boxes drive me NUTS! haha

I am looking to add a prairie dog or pair to the family, but wishful thinking, right?

Here are a few pictures of my family...the ones I have on this computer. I'll update later with pics of everyone else!

Tucker (who is not your typical yorkie at 7 lbs & under...he weighs 22 lbs.)

Riley

Timothy and Amelia telling secrets!

Some of my meeece pups from my last litter! I'm keeping these ;)
This buck is GORGEOUS, he comes up to me anytime he sees the camera out. He knows he's handsome!

This is his sister, I'm crazy about their coat and color.

I'd be here for daaaaays if you asked me to show you more pictures! I hope those aren't too big, or too many. I'll link 'em if they are.

I grew up on a dairy farm, but once my parents divorced my dad worked at a zoo in South Carolina and later came to run his own wildlife rehabilitation center and horse farm (with Paso Fino and Peruvian Pasos mainly). At any given time we had baby tiger cubs, bobcats, llamas, miniature horses, bats, new world monkeys, and everything in between that were being rescued and either fostered, rehabilitated or adopted permanently by my dad. My mom was a huge animal lover, as well...but she always clung more to the domestic side of things with cats, dogs and rabbits...although, we did have a wild turkey once.

I have kept various animals over the years, being an only child it was a great way to belong to a "family." I work with chimpanzees at a sanctuary here in South Florida, and I'm also working on my Master's in Animal Science/Biology (my third degree; what can I say...I love school). I am making steps to moving to Nashville by next winter at THE latest, but this summer at earliest. I eventually would like to run my own small exotic rescue, as I've had a sugar glider and fancy rat rescue in the past. I will eventually add a pair of miniature horses to the family when we have a bit of land in Nashville.

I have written you all a story, and now I shall go hide. ;) I seem to like my creatures in pairs...oddly enough, I'm not a Gemini. (I'm Aquarius, haha) For the most part, having two of everything makes sure the other one has companionship of their own species, without having a clan. I could easily have six of everything...trust me! I'm sure I'm not alone on that one. ;)

One last thing, I'm a member of several other forums (for sugar gliders, fancy mice, yorkies, ferrets, etc) but decided to join this one since it's budding and has all the pet forums combined. It's a good idea! :)

See less See more
#9 ·
Hi there and welcome! I hope you have loads of fun here! It is greyt here!

Loved seeing the pics,especially the mice! And my man liked your glider pics,as he used to have a sugar glider and adores them!

#13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

As promised, here are pictures of my ferrets, because I'm lazy and didn't take them until today, heh

Sierra eating my face...

Fable with one of their favorite toys, the feather cat toy.

Sierra seconds before pouncing on Riley.

Another one of their favorite toys, the cat cube from Wal-Mart. They literally run in circles inside that cube trying to get the ball hanging inside.

And a few more of the pups.
Riley thinks she's a human baby...she always jumps in my lap to tease Tucker of who owns Mommy. ;)

And, Tucker is a sailor!

:)

#15 ·
Thanks a lot! You can understand my instant reaction to melt at the sight of and grab up any cute animal I see, right? hah I seriously hope my boyfriend can deal long-term with this "problem" because as soon as I get land in TN, I'm buying a couple miniature horses and angora goats. Eeee! I can't wait! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.