Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently came across a baby fulvous field mouse while on a camping trip in oklahoma, its mother was snatched by a owl (we witnessed this). I became attached to this little critter especially after seeing its mother be taken from it. That night hit a low in the 30's so i tucked him in a sock, then in a shoe then in my sleeping bag with me.

I got up early the next morning to find that he was ok and full of energy and brought him to the ranger/nature center... they said "kill it or we can feed it to the snake." i opted out of that plan and cut my trip short, went to the local walmart for eye droppers and kitten milk, he ate and appeared to be doing well. i made the 4 hr trip back to dallas with "desparo" the mouse in hand to bring him to my girlfriend who is a elem teacher and wanted to put him in her classroom.

to make a long story short. the little mouse did not make it. despite all the love attention and care he just stopped breathing in my hands. he went warm and fuzzy and with company which is better than some people get but i truely became attached to this mouse. :mad2:

I would love more than anything to adopt atleast 2 fulvous harvest mice but am having no luck in the search. I stumbled on this web site and figured if anyone could help me it would be you all. Please keep your eyes and ears open for adoptable field mice in the dallas/ft worth area and keep me in mind if you do.

Thank you so much!
P Cunningham

p.cunningham (at) flash.net

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so sorry you lost the mouse

HI - what a nice story - so sad that he has passed away.
YOU did your best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts