Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So i'm going to be building my own cage for my future mice... I will be getting them probably in a few years but I'm planning now. :) That way when its time to get mice and stuff i will be all prepared.

So my plan is a 20 inch by 20 inch base. which using a mouse calculator would fix 6 mice comfortably.

The walls i thought could be Plexiglas and the floor linoleum. and the frame wood. and a wire mesh top.

My question is is how tall do i have to make it? i will proabably make it taller than i need to i just want to know so i don't make it to short.

also any other ideas or sugestions or hints/tips or anything else you want to let me know would be greatly apprechiated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If your walls are going to be all plexiglass, I wouldn't suggest going too tall. It wouldn`t provide very great ventilation for them...

Are you planning on making it multi layer? If you are building it yourself, you definately should! Perhaps have the bottom layer plexiglass, and the upper part to be chicken wire, that way it still gets good ventilation, and your mice will reeeallly love climbing up to their 2nd floor. :)

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
make it tall and put tubes...or you can buy these things to put on top of cages and they have tubes and everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts