Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not know where to put this thread...
So my sister had to euthanize her 7 year old Chihuahua suddenly this summer. Because it was so sudden she did not have the money to get his ashes back.
She never got to properly mourn as it was sudden and she only has his collar to remember him by.
I was thinking of getting her sometype of memorial gift for her for Christmas.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Maybe you could print out a nice photo of her dog and find a nice frame for it? Some websites sell memorial picture frames that you could have the dogs name and maybe a nice quote or something engraved on.

Or if not a photo maybe try to find someone who does paintings of pets or portraits and get a picture/painting done of her dog.

In the past my fiance and I have decided not to keep our deceased pet's ashes but we always pick one or two nice photos of them and put them in a memorial picture frame with their name and a nice quote engraved on it. For us, we'd rather celebrate their lives than think about their deaths so a picture of a happy time is a good way to do that.

Or since she just has the dogs collar maybe you could find a plush animal that resembles her dog that she could put the collar on? I don't know if she'd like that but it's an idea. It'd be something she could hug when she's feeling down and missing her dog. I know some people will make plush animals specifically to look like a pet but it's usually expensive.

Or you could get a candle holder with her pets picture printed on it, so she could light a candle for her deceased dog.

Those are just some ideas based off of things I've done to memorialize some of my pets after they passed. There are so many different memorial type items you can buy and you can sometimes have them personalized to make them extra special.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
what about a heart shape locket with his picture in it ?

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunatly we do not have very many photos of him.
My mom has some, she is going to collect what she can find for me. He was a hard dog to photograph.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Unfortunatly we do not have very many photos of him.
My mom has some, she is going to collect what she can find for me. He was a hard dog to photograph.
aww im sorry to hear that ,hmm what about a necklace that can have ingravings on it like born and the date and death and date with his name kinda like in a dog tag form that she can wear ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How about a shadowbox with his name, date of birth and death on back, a spot for his collar, and a little statue of a Chi in his color in the bottom? That's what I made for my mom when she lost her Dach.... And if you do find a good picture, that can go on the back with the name.....

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw I'm sorry about the loss :( My family ordered a cake to look like my dog for my birthday. That happened like 5 days after I had him pts so emotions ran hard. It is always a delicate thing but I like the above ideas. I personally like the "good boy" charm on the site you posted. But a shadow box even a painting would mean a lot to her.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On that website I was thinking about the first one, the sleeping angel dog.
You can put the pet's name on the back of it and it comes with a silver tear drop to represent you forever sad about the loss and on the other side a crystal resembling the pet's birthstone.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
On that website I was thinking about the first one, the sleeping angel dog.
You can put the pet's name on the back of it and it comes with a silver tear drop to represent you forever sad about the loss and on the other side a crystal resembling the pet's birthstone.
aww that sounds like a great idea :) im sure she will love whatever you choose

·
Registered
802 Posts
So sorry about your sister's lost. The most memorable is a photo, placed in a very special thing like frame or personalized pendant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts