Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fire bellied toad keeps having mini "freak" outs. Its always been different from the other two but it's starting to worry me. I have a video but I'm not sure how to post it here. I'll glady email it to anyone who thinks they may be able to help.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Can you describe what he's doing? That's not much to go on.

What type of enclosure does he have? Is it land-based or water-based? How often is the water changed? What's his diet? What's the temperature in the tank?

I have some ideas but need more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's in a 10 gallon tank with equal parts land and water. He spins around and swims upside down and whenever he's still he's either got his head turned to the right or like he's trying to bend over backwards. He always did that since I first got him but its becoming more often. I also have two others and they seem fine. I'm just really worried about Kuzco. I'd greatly appreciate any advice on what to do.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
How often is the water changed? What's his diet? What's the temperature in the tank?

Good luck, I hope he's ok!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kuzco

The temperature stays at 75 degrees and i change the water once a week. I feed him crickets and guppies.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Fish aren't really a natural diet for them so I'd stop feeding those for now (just in case it's related).

Are the crickets dusted with calcium powder or any other supplements? Temperature seems good. If possible, I would test the water for ammonia since it could be poisoning. Pet stores will test water samples for free. You've probably already done this but I'd give the tank a good cleaning. Firebelly toads are poisonous and the toxins can supposedly build up in closed systems. They can basically poison themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts