Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Desperately seeking Degu's....offering a loving home to a pair of Degu pups. I am a previous proud owner of two Degu's. The latter of the two passed in 2009....Simon shared his life with me for almost 7 years. I have scoured the Internet for breeders-did find some dedicated to the health and well being of these amazing creatures but live in the UK. I've tried to look locally for breeders and pet stores both with no luck as well. Unfortunately people in the States are clueless about these loving intelligent critters. I would greatly appreciate any advice or help anyone can offer.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
First, are you sure they're still legal in your state? I would make sure of that first.

I would also check Petfinder.com. I occasionally see degus listed on there although it might be a bit of drive! I would check craigslist, too, I actually got a baby degu several years ago after responding to an ad on there.

Good luck! It might be worth a shot to call local shelters and rescues, too. They may be able to take down your name in case someone surrenders their degus.

P.S. I can understand why you want babies but don't discount adults right away. Degus I adopted as adults bonded with me just as much as ones acquired as babies. In fact, the degu closest to me was purchased from a store when she was about a year old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts