Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet ALAZ, my cousin's Turkish Kangal dog, 15 months old, male and about 33 inches (85 cm) high. Please tell your opinions.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My goodness he's a big fella! He looks like a pretty nice dog though. Has a kind looking face that reminds me of a lab.

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
Wow he is a big fella! He looks kinda skinny bless him. I too am reminded of a lab when i look at his face x

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
He is cute.
I love big dogs.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
WOW, he is gorgeous! Awww!
He is massive! Looks like a lovely doggy :D
xxx

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alaz is protecting my cousin's workshop and he is not always chained up. Sometimes he is going to walking or running with someone. And also I must tell that this dog (Alaz) is much more beautiful than seen in these photos. But he is not eating a lot nowadays because of hot weather. It's better to see a real Kangal dog than seeing in photos. By the way my english is not very good..We use Turkish in our country.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is some more Kangal dogs from Turkey..Please tell your opinions..

I hope you like... A Kangal dog can grow up to 100 cm. (39 inches). A wonderful shepherd and guard dog.

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
what a beautiful horse! i mean dog! :) they're so big! look so elegant. to be a good guard dog they must be very loyal?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, Turkish Kangal dogs are loyal, sensitive and the most powerful breed in the world. Even more powerful than tibetan mastiffs, tosas, caucasians, alabais,cane corsos, dogo argentinos, presa canarios, pitbulls and all others etc.
A Kangal dog would even die for his owner. His owner is his everything. For example when a Kangal dog is protecting a garden (with a house inside it) no one can enter that area. They can pull a car for short distances like 40-50 meters.They like living with a family. They can live with other dogs but they are very jealous about their owner.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
amazing.that first pic in the 2nd batch..are all those dogs kept in those runs?? just wondering coz you mention they like being in with families,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yesterday my cousin phoned me and he said that his Turkish kangal dog ALAZ is now 90 cm (35 inches high). I wanted to share this to you. He's really big dog now. Usually other Turkish kangal dogs are big too.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
amazing.that first pic in the 2nd batch..are all those dogs kept in those runs?? just wondering coz you mention they like being in with families,

I'm pretty sure those are not his dogs or anyone he knows but have found on the internet to show more examples. so he may not know how they are treated...

The first pics do look kind of thin but it is normal for a big dog at that age to look that way.... He is very handsome

is he being trained or are they leaving it to instincts?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alaz is not trained but he protects his area very well.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
trained?? they are instinctively bred to protect, yes? ohh.so are they very aggressive towards other people? they do look handsome maybe ill get one to protect me from Coco's wet kisses!!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
i was meaning more trained to guard less or focus their protectiveness so as they aren't protective and jealous at the wrong times..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts