Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have just brought 2 female Degu's from pet's at home and they are about 3 months old. The last couple of days there has been a lot of squeaking and what looks like fighting. And I don't no what to do. They have lots of toys in there, and treats are given at the same time.

I have been reading up on them and alot of people say to seperate them if they look like there fighting but they came from a group of 4 so I thought they would be ok.

Please help.

Lisa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1 of them is also trying to eat the others tail! How can i stop this?

Please help as i dnt want a tailless degu :-(

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
What size is the cage? Does anything in particular seem to be triggering the fighting (feeding time, the wheel, etc.)?

If they start drawing blood, definitely separate them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What size is the cage? Does anything in particular seem to be triggering the fighting (feeding time, the wheel, etc.)?

If they start drawing blood, definitely separate them.
The fighting only happens when 1 of them gets behind the nesting box, any other time they are absolutley fine. The cage is 30long, 18 wide. We are in due course going to get them a taller cage.

Lisa

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
The fighting only happens when 1 of them gets behind the nesting box, any other time they are absolutley fine. The cage is 30long, 18 wide. We are in due course going to get them a taller cage.

Lisa
Yeah, that's kind of a small cage for degus. A larger cage should help (maybe also add a second nest box and see what happens?).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts