Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I think it's free to be a foster mom, but you do pay for food and toys and spend time with them. I think vet care is taken care of by the society though.

The best way to find out is call or visit some of your local shelters.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Its free to foster, they do a home check and evaluate you...after that you become a foster...I am glad you are gonna go this route rather than trying to buy, find or get a cat pregnant :) I am not a good fostor lol cause I kept both dogs I fostered

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
I've thought of fostering too, but I'm not sure I could ever give them back, so I don't think I'd be a good foster mom

·
Lovin My Furry Family <3
55 Posts
I was thinking the same thing -- fostering an animal and then not being able to give it back! : ) Once I adopt London and things get settled, I think I'm going to foster another kitty. That way London will have someone to play with and it will be one less kitty in a cage at the shelter. Then, if the foster kitty gets adopted, I will have London to heal the wounds -- and get a new friend the next week! haha

Since I've never had more than one cat at a time, do cats have a problem using the same litterbox? Just curious.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Blondi every cat I have ever had is ok with sharing a liter box. So I would say that there wouldn't be a problem! But you never know!

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
As long as the litterbox is reasonably clean, they should be fine. depends on the kitties. If they both have to go at the same time there could be a problem. Someone told me that with multiple kitties there should be a litter box for each kitty, but when I only had two kitties they only had one box and it was fine. I now have 5 kitties and 4 litter boxes, that seems optimal. 5 kitties and 3 boxes was not. Just depends, and some kitties are picky about what kind of litter they like. Good luck and enjoy the foster

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
I have one BIG box for two kitties - and they are fine. Then again each of the buns have their own box that the cats sometimes sneak into.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I foster dogs,not cats and the rescue will come and visit your home after you fill out a foster application.The rescue then provides vet care (if needed) and food.You provide the love and the shelter.Most rescues work the same when it comes to fostering.

As for litter boxes,I have two cats and two litterboxes.I amy get a thrid litterbox.It really depends on the cat whether or not he will use the one box.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 6 litter boxes for 14 cats..and all is working out!! (hope i dont sound like a crazy cat lady) lol No Affense to anybody lol.. :S um yea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts