Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be traveling for work in the near future and i would like to take my boxer with me. i don't have her yet. she's still with momma. she's only 4 weeks old. my guess is it'll be a few months before i do any traveling. it will be to des moines from kansas city, about a 3 and a half hour trip. i'll be gone for a week. i'll be working 8 hour days. i'll be leaving the boxer at the hotel and coming back to the hotel about half way thru the day to let the boxer out and eat lunch. i don't know if i'll be leaving her in a kennel while i'm gone or not.

this is all provided that the hotel will even let me have the boxer at the hotel. i don't see why they wouldn't, i was at the same hotel awhile back and the people in the room next to me had a cat that was laying in the window every day when i got back from work. if they won't i might talk to my boss and see if i can pay the difference to get a different hotel that will let me have a dog.

i've never traveled with animals before. my biggest worry is that i'll get a call from the hotel management that the dog is barking or fussing while i'm gone.

what do y'all think?

·
Registered
802 Posts
What would be his age at that time? Make sure he is well trained enough so you won't experience any hustle when he is not behaving well.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I have travelled with my dog, i wouldn't put them in day care that young as my trip wore out my dog when he was young. All super 8s allow dogs. just check if there is breed restrictions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts