Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I lost my rat Mini Maxwell(as known affectionately as Mini Rat). Her sickness came out of no where on Friday night and we rushed her to the emergency care center where they stabilized her. I took her to an exotics vet first thing Saturday morning where they did blood work and x rays. They couldn't find anything wrong with her and had to have the blood sent to an outside lab which we are suppose to get the results for on Monday. I hand fed her as instructed from a syringe, I can only take comfort in the fact that I did everything I could for her and that she lived the best life a rat could while she was in my care. The vet seemed to think she would make it though the weekend. I really have no answers as to why she didn't. I am just so devastated to have watched my normally bright and energetic girl deteriorate so quickly. This is my first pet to lose as an adult, and I am heartbroken. I just needed to share my pain with people who can hopefully understand why I would spend $700 trying to save my girl and be grief stricken when I couldn't.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
BIG HUGS! im sorry for your loss , may she have fun over the rainbow bridge with all her furry friends. until you meet again .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts