Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are named after nothing in particular....
Shyla ~ she was extremely shy;
Grace ~ By the grace of God she lived through the URI she had when I brought her home;
Abby ~ she's an Abyssinian;
Panda ~ she came here named Inga and wouldn't answer to it;
Mio ~ I had a Maya that passed away and Mio Maya was the thing;
Tia ~ It went along with a theme of pig names that have passed on;
Velvet ~ Self black and shines blue, National Velvet came to mind;
Mia ~ Tia's sister;
Reese ~ She came named as such;
Cocoa ~ She came named as such;
Ginger ~ Came named as such and she is a golden agouti;
Precious ~ "Precious, my precious" from LOTR;
Beauty ~ Self black with lots of issues when she came here so had to give her a "pretty" name;
Poppy ~ Pretty flower;
Brin ~ She was born to a pig rescued from WI so all the pups were named a cheese name;
Kashta ~ Another cheese pig;
Devon ~ Yet another cheese pig;
Missy Moo ~ She looks like a dairy cow black and white;
Moo-Too ~ Another black and white dairy cow looking pig;
Sir Duncan ~ Manly name amongst all the girls (yep he's neutered);
Noel ~ Was born on 12-23-04 her brother was Tinsel, her sister was Holly and her mom was Silver Bell all Silver agouties except for Holly;
Maggie ~ I didn't like the name Spot that she was named and changed it;
Scarlette ~ A saitin red with a black face, hence the name;
Patty ~ Well, from personal experience (not to offend anyone) but all the Patty's I've known in my life were mean and so is she;
Lizzie McPiggie ~ Stepdaughter named her after Lizzie McQuire.
Sweetie Pie~ She came with the name and it will stay

Pigs that have passed:
Nia ~ It is part of Abyssi(nia)n and she came here with Abby;
Maya ~ The name fit her as she was a blue roan;
Kahlua ~ Umm, I like Kahlua Mudslides;
Kia ~ Came named as such and fit in with the *ia names;
Sophia ~ Kia Sophia was my thinking;
Willow ~ I was a Buffy fanatic;
Lia~ That *ia thing;
BP ~ Initials of Big Pig, yep she was big;
Patches ~ Came with the name because he had mites so bad when he was small that he had patches of hair;
Shelly ~ She was a prissy looking girl that had to keep clean.

I could name all the rescues here and that have come through but I think the home herd has taken up enough room.

·
Seeker of Orbs
761 Posts
that's a great question! :)

Hagrid got his name cuz my cousin and his wife have a Dwarf bunny named Gimli...so we thought if they could do that.... ;)
So we named hagrid, HAgrid! Cuz he was all fluffy and unkept, but had a gentle spirit.

Pheonix got his name from the Fire Bird. See, pheo was a major runt. smallest of the litter..all the others got adopted but him. :(
So we figured he would rise above the ashes, and be a great piggie.
And he;s red/orange. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Taffy- because he's carmel colored
Vanilla Ice- he's all white
Smore- I'm not sure, she looks nothing like a light/dark/brown/white mix
Oddball- Named after Oddball on 102 Dalmations. Looks like Smore except w/ one white leg. Smore's twin.
Shortcake- the color of strawberry shortcake
Muffy- looks like my mom's cat named muffy
Oreo aka Dust Mop- she's my favorite :heart: All black w/ a single white spot. Looks like a dust mop cuz she's a long haired abbysinian

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Chip - his name when rescued.
Lily - same. (she has passed. I visited her grave today).
Jennifer - just came to me; I think she reminded me of a female friend from long ago.

Frosty and Chris: he is white like snow and I got him on a very hot day (I like irony); the other is named after a pet store worker I know.

Jennifer's sons, born here: Lesley and Sam. I named them before I sexed them, so I picked the first androgynous names I could think of.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ginger got her name because she was "gingery" looking & had a spicy personality. (She was very sick as a baby, but survived.)

Olly used to be "Dolly". My sister got him as a baby & was told he was a girl. (My 3 yr old niece & 5 year old nephew got the name from the movie/musical, "Hello, Dolly".) I took him in several months later - and to a vet - who announced "he" was really a "she". Thus, "Dolly" became "Olly" - short for Oliver. (And I always look upon him as a little orphan that nobody wanted!)

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
When i rescued my piggies they was nameless so i decided to go for a chocolate / sweet theme hence where Fudge got his name plus there was the fact he has fudge coloured hightlights of fur. But when it came to his son he didn't seem to suit any of the names i could think of and only one name seemed to fit and that was Elvis. Elvis got his name simply because he has a quiff and is very vocal and the name seemed to suit him more than any other and it stuck :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
crzy4piggers said:
Mine are named after nothing in particular....
Shyla ~ she was extremely shy;
Grace ~ By the grace of God she lived through the URI she had when I brought her home;
Abby ~ she's an Abyssinian;
Panda ~ she came here named Inga and wouldn't answer to it;
Mio ~ I had a Maya that passed away and Mio Maya was the thing;
Tia ~ It went along with a theme of pig names that have passed on;
Velvet ~ Self black and shines blue, National Velvet came to mind;
Mia ~ Tia's sister;
Reese ~ She came named as such;
Cocoa ~ She came named as such;
Ginger ~ Came named as such and she is a golden agouti;
Precious ~ "Precious, my precious" from LOTR;
Beauty ~ Self black with lots of issues when she came here so had to give her a "pretty" name;
Poppy ~ Pretty flower;
Brin ~ She was born to a pig rescued from WI so all the pups were named a cheese name;
Kashta ~ Another cheese pig;
Devon ~ Yet another cheese pig;
Missy Moo ~ She looks like a dairy cow black and white;
Moo-Too ~ Another black and white dairy cow looking pig;
Sir Duncan ~ Manly name amongst all the girls (yep he's neutered);
Noel ~ Was born on 12-23-04 her brother was Tinsel, her sister was Holly and her mom was Silver Bell all Silver agouties except for Holly;
Maggie ~ I didn't like the name Spot that she was named and changed it;
Scarlette ~ A saitin red with a black face, hence the name;
Patty ~ Well, from personal experience (not to offend anyone) but all the Patty's I've known in my life were mean and so is she;
Lizzie McPiggie ~ Stepdaughter named her after Lizzie McQuire.
Sweetie Pie~ She came with the name and it will stay

Pigs that have passed:
Nia ~ It is part of Abyssi(nia)n and she came here with Abby;
Maya ~ The name fit her as she was a blue roan;
Kahlua ~ Umm, I like Kahlua Mudslides;
Kia ~ Came named as such and fit in with the *ia names;
Sophia ~ Kia Sophia was my thinking;
Willow ~ I was a Buffy fanatic;
Lia~ That *ia thing;
BP ~ Initials of Big Pig, yep she was big;
Patches ~ Came with the name because he had mites so bad when he was small that he had patches of hair;
Shelly ~ She was a prissy looking girl that had to keep clean.

I could name all the rescues here and that have come through but I think the home herd has taken up enough room.

Wow...Thats a lot of cavy.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They love me yes, however they just think I eat well. I've never explained why I like my greens that perfect shade of green.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sullivan got his name cause it's an Irish name that means "Black eyes". Plus I just like the name. My friend Cory named Milton. I showed him my new piggie and said I hadn't named him yet, and Cory was like, "His name is Milton." So I kept it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I currently only have one piggy (yes I know two is reccoemended, his cagemate passed away about a year and a half ago, and I have never got around to adopting a friend for him.)

Buddy - when I got him three years ago his name was Butterscotch. But he loves attention and at that time I was pretty lonely and he was my buddy, hence the name.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
crzy4piggers said:
They love me yes, however they just think I eat well. I've never explained why I like my greens that perfect shade of green.
What is your typical menu?

Mine seem to most prefer romaine lettuce and chickory, with just a bit of parsley sometimes. Dandelion is OK with them; greenleaf too. Stuff like chard, bok choy, spinach, they don't care for a lot.

Jennifer is funny how she ALWAYS when the big veggie bowl comes immediately digs down for the small piece of carrot she knows is in there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Typical salad for the pigs:
Chard, cilantro, dandelion, cherry tomatoes, green & red leaft lettuces, endive and cucumber.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
>> Chard, cilantro, dandelion, cherry tomatoes, green & red leaft lettuces, endive and cucumber. <<

I have to figure out what endive looks like! Thanks. BTW, do piggies do what rabbits do, eat poops? Seriously.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, they do eat their "special" poops.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts