Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. My Tinky has been ill this past week and is feeling better and gaining weight thanks to the A/D soft food and a little heavy cream. At first we had to feed her with a syringe. She was skin and bones. She has been eating this for about 3 days now and I was wondering how long she can stay on this diet? I don't know if she is eating any kibble anymore. Tinky is about 4.5 years old
Her poo's are a little soft, but all in all look normal.
Thanks for any advice and I really like the look of this site!

History on why she was sick. She and Foofer had an intestinal virus and was on Amoxicilin and panacur. They were on this for 5 days and were better after about 4 days. On the 6th day they even played, but then 2 days after playing Tinky started getting hyper, chewing shoes and biting Foofer. She acted like this before when she had earmites so we started treating for this. When she has this, she is always on the go. I need to also mention that last time she also had a yeast infection with the earmites. Anyway, after being ill with the tummy thing she didn't need to lose anymore weight. She didn't like the A/D at first but now can't wait for it if she runs out.

·
Herp Nerd
1,115 Posts
Well, I think it's really something you should be asking your vet... I'd leave a bowl of kibble in easy access, and just see if she nibbles on it herself between feedings of the A/D. Maybe even put a little A/D in with the kibble, and make her eat some of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts