Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now $4.19 a gallon in northeast Michigan. :tearhair: How much is it in your area?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Today it is $3.77...but this weekend is supposed to raise it cuz of memorial day :(
(btw i live in Western Montana)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
It's fluctuated a lot here this week. Early week it was 3.99, dropped to 3.77 mid-week, and was back up to 3.95 this morning when I filled up near my work place. It's always less expensive there than 20 miles south where I live...I should have checked some of those stations to see if they were above $4 yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure, as I don't plan on buying much gas this summer - maybe 2 fill ups at most. oo; I just tag along with people to go places and buy things for the most part. Couple weeks ago I paid 4.03 / gal for 93 octane (I have to buy premium only).

·
Salamander Buffalokisser
1,727 Posts
last time we filled up it was 4.09 for the premium and that was a week ago so I don't know what the prices are right now

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
It is fluctuating a bit here in SoCal. up in the high desert.
It goes from about $3.89-$4.00

We no longer go "just for a drive". We only go where we need to go. When I am on one side of town I make sure to try and take care of everything on that side of town so I dont have to make another trip for a while and waste gas.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
We no longer go "just for a drive". We only go where we need to go. When I am on one side of town I make sure to try and take care of everything on that side of town so I dont have to make another trip for a while and waste gas.
:yes: me do that too :( but it sucks, no more fun like enjoying view, only if it's convenient! and now i have to drive home... glad my dad's gonna help w/gas! :rolleyes:

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
How can I compare Canadian gas prices to the US? How do you calculate it? Gas here is 1.29/liter....so ridiculous!

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
In Denmark we pay something like 11.50 DKK for a liter, at the moment.
It's about $9.36 for a gallon. ($2.34 for a liter)

So I'm having quite a hard time seeing the problem in the US, even though I know it's allways been cheaper over there :)

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
In Denmark we pay something like 11.50 DKK for a liter, at the moment.
It's about $9.36 for a gallon. ($2.34 for a liter)

So I'm having quite a hard time seeing the problem in the US, even though I know it's allways been cheaper over there :)
Wow, that's so crazy! My guess is that people probably make more an hour there so therefore the gas would be more expensive. <--Just a guess though :rolleyes:. What's the minimum hourly wage out there? (converted to US or Canadian dollars if possible) In Manitoba, Canada it's $8.50/hour.

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
It's $21 for people over 18.
But in general the gas is expensive in europ compared to the US...

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
Being a Full time Cyclist and part time passenger I dont realy naow much abaat cars but the fuel over the pond ere realy has gone through the roof.

It's greed at the end of the day on the part of the oil barons taking advantage of mass hysteria among the the working middle or lower/ middle class.

People will not abstain from paying higher prices to fill up their car . They have to in order to get to work to earn a living . So it's just another silent and hidden way to swamp you in debts and in the Red.

And then the banks make money out of no money and charge you for being overdrawn , How can banks make money out of no money I will never understand.

Premium Unleaded Petrol £1.15

Diesel £1.28

All I know is my Cousin Stuart A.K.A Reznik is having a hard time keeping his car on the road . But it's not just fuel wise it's parts too let alone petrol.

Diesel has gone up ( Do Italians Eat Spaghetti Every Lunchtime ) , Parts manufacturing for cars has gone up and Distribution , generaly everything has spiraled out of control Since Northern Rock went bust. Caused paranoia as well as that french guy that nicked Millions or wozzit billions from that bank.

:blah:

:blah:

·
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am so glad that I bought that Aveo last year! At first I was a little undecided whether or not I made the right decision when I bought it but now I know I made the right decision! I get anywhere from 37-40 mpg. My truck averages around 19-20 mpg (which is really good for a full size truck) but it would cost about $80+ to fill it up right now. I drive 40 miles one way to work and that gets expensive with the truck because I had to fill it up about every 5 days or so.

We are not going to put the boat in the water this year. When we put it in storage for the winter the gas tank was pretty empty so it would cost over $1000 (yes, that's one thousand dollars) to fill it. We're not even going to participate in any tournaments this year. :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Toky Ohki, it's just another ridiculous cost that people have to stump up. I usually put in a tenners worth and it barely lasts a couple of days, I don't drive that much but to get to work it would take me 3 buses and cost about 5 quid each way, so there's no other option. The thing that annoys me most is that it's people who earn the least that get hit hardest, wealthy people in their massive Merc's or Range Rovers won't be affected so much even though they use much more petrol GRRR!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Right now gas is, like, $3.80-some in MN. Im soooooooooo glad I dont drive right now, LOL! :p

·
Doomed to be Titleless Forever
522 Posts
I think it's around $3.80. A few days ago there was a gas station over here selling it for $3.55, my dad had to wait in line for 20 minutes to get gas. Which is sad, because... that's still not cheap.

Good thing I got a Honda Civic. $35 to fill it up, and I get about 350-360 miles on a tank.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.