Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I helped the in-laws move into their new house. They have a HUGE yard, maybe around an acre or so. Next door to them is a small horse rescue. When I went over there, they had two minis and a large pony. I guess before that they had big horses back there. At first I thought they had a large yard but then realized that their back fence is actually the front yard to the in-law's new house. In fact, it isn't very big at all.

Curious because I have always wanted a horse but figured I needed a crap ton of room...by crap ton I mean a few acres.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree with the 2 acres per horse. We had a woman who wanted to keep her horses in our pasture temporarily. We thought she was bringing 2 but she brought 4. We have about 4 acres of fenced pasture and they had it eaten down to dust in just a short period of time [and that was in addition to giving them hay regularly]. Note: these pastures had not been grazed in years so they were very overgrown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.