Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8 1/2 week old Bichon Frise puppy named Mason. He is very active and playful, but it doesn't seem like he is eating enough. How much should he be eating for each meal at this age? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
It depends on the food, what are you feeding? :) It takes a bit of experimentation sometimes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Also, take some time at dog food analysis website for more info and options, maybe consider raw diet too.

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
I got Spyro around that age and I recall us having to spread his meals out over the day. Otherwise he'd get pooped and fall asleep and forget that it was even there! Generally feed what is recommended by the food (should be somewhere on the can or bag) unless you are feeding raw (which for pups I'd feed around 3-4% of body weight.)

With Spyro, food was like play. We had to introduce the food to him each time or he'd get distracted (and then cry when he got hungry...he really was a terrible puppy) and he eventually caught on. Not sure why he was like this. We got him from family and I think they made it a big deal when they went out to feed the dogs so he figured if we didn't shake the bag and make a big deal, then there was nothing there to be excited about. If you are worried, I'd consult a vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts