Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how much guinea pigs should drink a day :confused: mine drink almost two full bottles between them and im a little worried

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Well, mine have never drank that much! My pair usually go through 1-1 1/2 water bottles full a week... They get alot of water from veggies too.
Are you sure your water bottle isnt leaking? If they are actually drinking that much water, it could be a sign of diabetes.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
postive its them drinking it as its a brand new bottle i thought at first the bottle leaked so i bought a brand new one

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
Guinea pigs are strange, my pigs drink almost that much too. I would get them vet checked just to be sure, I did. They are most likely fine

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got hubby to take them to the vet today the vet says there fine that some gp drink more then others.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This depends, how many guinea pigs, the size of the bottle, the amount of watery vegetables/fruits they eat every day, environmental temperature and moisture.. It is difficult to say what is "too much" without first knowing all these facts.

Excess water consuption, however, is indeed something to be concerned about.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is an old post from 2010

1 - 8 of 8 Posts