Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Well this question speaks for itself...
But incase you are wondering, she likes to go rummaging around on the woods and stuff....
Also do you have any dog-washing tips?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
i rinse mine in water when he gets dirty and give a bath once a month or so. Just make sure you get a dog shampoo and rinse rinse rinse

·
Registered
64 Posts
I seldom if ever bathe a dog. Not even Aster that did get many runs in the woods. If you let a dog roll in whatever it wants, yes, you would need to bathe it frequently.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i rinse mine in water when he gets dirty and give a bath once a month or so. Just make sure you get a dog shampoo and rinse rinse rinse
Im the same way, usually just water and then the usual bath once a month.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I bathe my dog usually about once every two weeks or so, sometimes more often if he gets really dirty. I've been bathing my dog that often since he was a puppy and never had any problems doing so.

If you're going to bathe often, I recommend finding a high quality dog shampoo/conditioner. They make detergent free doggy shampoos now that smell great and get your dog nice and clean, but don't strip all the natural oils off the fur.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My GSD needs baths regularly, at least once a month. My Basenji mix though, he only needs a bath once every... I forget now. He doesn't small, and he's very clean. In fact no matter what soap I use, bathing seems to make him itchy for a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad groomers

I also wash my dog twice per week...that is a recommendation I got from my groomer. Not all groomers (pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/animal-services.html) are good the same, but I really do trust mine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Puce used to love getting dirty outside, but I didn't use shampoo unless her fur was really filthy and smelly. I would shower her with only warmish water whenever she got dirty - sometimes once a week. Shampoo should be avoided for frequent use.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wash myn about twice a month, as he has very short fur and doesn't really go anywhere thats needs him to have a bath that much. He's not a "roll in the mud" kind of dog.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yup...just water and wash once a month. Its real fun when you watch them find something dead to roll around in after washing them...gezzz

·
Registered
802 Posts
Check out this infographic:

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Every week with special shampoo due to my oldest dog being allergic to grass and my husband being allergic to dogs.

If your dog goes through the forest and isn't physically dirty with visible dirt, I wouldn't go more than once a month.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine isn't washed to much as he doesn't role in mud or anything. Just his paws and belly get washed more in this wet weather we have at the moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would recommend doing it once a month. I personally use dog shampoo to keep the skin moisturized and prevent drying. However, if you prefer doing it weekly, its still okay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also wash my dog twice per week...that is a recommendation I got from my groomer. Not all groomers (pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/animal-services.html) are good the same, but I really do trust mine
Twice a week? I have been told that twice a month is enough most of the times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts