Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 dogs have recently started howling on a regular basis. This usually follows a bout of barking. They are well looked after and loved dogs but when this happens it seems like they are distressed? Does anybody know what is causing this and how it can be prevented?

·
Registered
4 Posts
it could be a nearby animal wild or domestic that is new to the area another cause could be that they are excited to see you or want something specific from you.

they are trying to communicate with you so without knowing your dogs better ie. age sex breed and usual social behavior. also knowing how long you have had each would help.

depending on what is causing their behavior will determine how to solve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and thank you for your reply. I have one lab, one spaniel and one mixed breed. The lab I have 9 years and the other two five years. The howling generally happens when I am at home and they seem to start by barking at whatever activity is after catching their attention, could be another dog passing by or even a neighbour driving by. It can sound like they are distressed at times and I would love to be able to determine the cause and along with it maybe prevent it if so. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts