Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm thinking of getting a husky puppy from a breeder. still quite a few months away just researching the breed and wondering on what current owners think of the breed.
i would like a walking partner and a family pet as my hubby and i will be starting a family over the next few years after the puppy becomes a dog :D
we live in a cool not cold climate and it would be and inside and outside dog. though we currently live in a no pets place when we move were looking for a big backyard as we already have a dog on hold at a friends for us but thats ashes dog the husky will be mine.
im not looking for a guard dog just a friendly family member (and it will be one of the family) I know about the shedding and im ok neither me nor ash mind cleaning up hair twice a year (were after a male and research says its only once or twice for the males)
were relitivly active so itll get lots of excersise and we hope by the time we get one we'll be near a dog park fingers crossed lol
um i think thats all that comes to mind so if any current owners have advice that would be great thanks!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
husky's are very very active dogs, some jump fences with ease so keeping it in a fenced yard maybe difficult, same as at the dog park. We have several at work that can jump very hard, it can also be very difficult to teach recall. These dogs prefer to run, instead of walk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If that the breed you like then there you go. The thing is all dogs can be trained to be what ever you want them to be so dispite the breed with a little training your dog will be as good as any other pet dogs out there. So go ahead be the best pet owner you can be.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
You can't really train a breed to not act like its breed, a hyper dog will be a hyper dog no matter how much you train, you have to keep up with the activity level

·
Registered
802 Posts
Border collies and dachshund are awesome family pet too, as well as husky. When we got our first dog, we just instantly fall in-love with him the first time we saw him in the shelter. We get lots of info about him and gladly he is much compatible with us, he's a dachshund..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also plan to have a husky soon.. From all the reviews I've read, they can be easily train and obedient and they are perfect for walking buddies. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts