Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
the joys of siblings argh. have you tried explaining to her that it is her responsiablity and that the bunny needs love and attention and its not fair for it to always be locked up.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
How "little" sister are we talking about? If she's young enough; your parents should have made sure she'd take care of it - well, actually, in my opinion should have made sure she had read up on the care involved.

If she's old enough to know and do better, sorry, some people think the idea of a pet is so neat, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of the care involved, they're no longer interested. :/

· Administrator
342 Posts
You could tell your sister that there are people who would love to have a pet to take care of, but they are unable to due to lack of money or their living situation. That might help her to understand that being able to have a pet is a privilege.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
kids want everything. My 7 year old niece wanted a betta. She doesn't care for it, nor was she really expected to. Kids want pets to look at and cuddle. A bunny is NOT the right choice for a child. I'm sorry you have to take care of it... Um, if you don't want it (chances are you have a young un-neutered bunny from the pet store therefore it will NEED to be spayed/neutered to make his hormone levels tame when he hits puberty and to prolong its life) you could surrender it to a small animal rescue?

I wonder how old your sister is? And how old you are? If you want to keep the rabbit (I love them ^.^ ) we could all here help you with undergoing the necessary research and literature in caring for your bunny :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.