Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So on friday the 13th i got an adorable new family member who is a male chinese dwarf hamster. I've nick-named him tiny since i didn't want his name to be hammy so i am waiting until i can think of a good name for the little guy. I've never heard of that type of hamster until friday when i got him(don't worry i went on the computer to print everything there was to know about the chinese dwarf hamster) so now i know everything to take care of the little fellow. Well so far he's been a great little guy and he loves to be held and apparently these types of hamsters are easy to handle and aren't as easily stressed out as the other types of hamsters. I am also glad to say that i did get him at a petstore but they were all males in the cages and no females in sight which is a first for the petstore we got him from.

Also needing help on a name for my little guy and idea's would be greatly appreciated since it's been quite awhile since i have had a hamster.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Awww, congrats on the little guy, he sounds sweet like the perfect hamster :D
xxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutley i can't stop from holding him and giving him little kisses i already love him very much and knew he'd be a perfect fit into my family and i don't regret the decision at all about getting him.

·
Registered
219 Posts
he's soooo cute!
i wish i had another hamster but she died....
well i wish u two a happy life together! :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Congrats!
I never had a dwarf hammie,only syrians.
I cannot wait to see pictures of him!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aww congrats I have 2 chinese hammies the normal and dom spot. Like any dwarf hammy do not give them too much sweet things as they can get diabetes. Chinese hamsters do love being held and cling on to you. They do not like balls. They might like mine do one of those crittertrail type things that they can run round both mine like it. They love their wheels.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks he is a great little addition to the family. I hold him everyday a couple times a day so that he will get use to me and yeah he loves just hanging up side down on my hands but i always make sure that he's safe and doesn't fall. I've got a cage that he's got a slide to go up and down and hang off of and he absolutely loves it and he's on his wheel 24/7. I am waiting for a little while to transfer him to probably a 20 gallon aquarium so i can make it more fun for him so that he will have stuff to climb and hang up side down on. Im not really sure if he's the normal chinese hammie or not he's all brown with a dark stripe down his back and has a white under belly. This is the first time i've seen let alone own a chinese dwarf hamster since the pet store i got him from never had them before but im glad i got him he's such a little cuddle bug.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
AWW he's soooo cute!! Congrats!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Hahahaha...yeah,look a few posts up.There are pics there.And he is a cutie!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone. Yes he sure if a cutie. He's a great little guy and hopefully will have him in his new home by the next few weeks :D i can't wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts