Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my sister's friend and her family is watching Chuey for us right now while we are on vacation in FL... We have known them for years, so they have always watched him for us. But they apparently let him out potty at 3:00 AM last night during a thunder storm, and they weren't even watching him, and he ran away. My poor dog is absolutely terrified of storms, and they know this. So I guess someone found him wandering down the middle of the road towards our house, and gave him back to them. :( We are really lucky that the guy found them too, because we abviously wouldn't have answered our home phone which is on his tag, and he could have ended up with animal control or something.

I'm so ticked off right now. I mean, who lets a dog out (with out a leash) at 3:00 AM during a freakin thunderstorm, and doesn't even watch him to make sure he comes back?! He could have gotten hit by a car SO easily. Our neighbor's collie recently got hit and killed. He must have been so confused, poor baby. I can just imagine him soaking wet, wandering around looking for us... :(

I mean, whenever we dog sit for someone, we watch their dog extra carefully. I couldn't imagine letting some strange dog out of our house in the middle of the night and just hoping he comes back. I kinda expected the same from other people. :(

Ugh, I wanna go home. Pets runnning away and puking and not eating kinda kills some of the fun in vacations.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Thats horrible. I have pet sat before and you dont do that at all. It doesnt matter if they are afraid of storms or not they need watched. I'm sorry I hope the sitter learns from this

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. :( I'm just glad he is OK.
My sister said that her friend told her that they "forgot" to let him in once too, so he was outside during the day for a while. I can't believe them. We told them that he HAS to be let out on his leash now.

I really want to take back the money we paid them and the gifts we bought them now, or at least give them to our friend who is watching the rest of the pets... She is doing a really good job at least.

·
It's all for them
603 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry this happened to Chuey! How terrible for you to be away and hear such news, when all you want to do is cuddle and comfort your baby.

Perhaps you can try thinking that they will be extra vigilant from now on, so maybe ease your worry so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

All paws crossed for Chuey that the remainder of his stay there is safe and happy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am soo sorry that happened to your dog and you :( Glad he's safe now and hope they have learned from the incident and it won't happen again. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I sure hope they figured out that they need to watch him now.

From now on, I think we are going ot give him to one of our neighbors who really loves him. She has a fenced in yard for her dog, so there would be no chance or him getting away.

In the 10 years we've had him, Chuey has never even attempted to leave our yard, so he must have been really freaked out to go as far as he did.
He'll be getting LOTS of treats and hugs when he get back, that's for sure!

·
Registered
167 Posts
some people just should watch pets i guess. :/ i can say that about a few people i know.
or even own them at that..

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
People disgust me thats horrible. I'm glad he's safe and sound. And that he came back. Those people should be charged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts