Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

I couldn't resist... CAT OVERLOAD!

Photos! 
Tags
cat photos
2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Dustette 
#1 ·
ok so after looking at pictures of all your kitties I just had to post some up :D
[
[
My gorgeous Tortie, Tia. Got her for my 16th birthday, so she's 6 years old!
baby Tia!

[
[
Tia now!

[
[
we had foster cared for her mom and brothers and sisters because my mom wanted to get me a cat for my birthday and our friend who owns a shelter dropped by to say hi and had them in her car! my mom was like "PICK ONE!" and the friend said they were too young to be adopted yet, so we fostercared for them instead of her, and that way i chose the kitty i liked best. I totally picked her for her colors though haha

[
[
Fifille, the black devil! she used to hate being handled until she went out and got hit by a car! that's what we suspect happened, she didn't come home for 3 days and got home with a triple hip fracture, she dragged herself home on her front paws! poor thing. She only lost a toe in the whole ordeal. It fell off a few months after the accident, we think because the blood flow must not have been good while she was recovering. Now she's very sweet and we don't let her outside anymore.

[
[
Valentin! the beautiful turkish van-like kitty! he always sleeps in the funniest positions!

[
we had fostered all his brothers and sisters and that's why we ended up keeping him. They were found on the wheel of a dusty truck.

Top to bottom, left to right: Tia, caramel, Fifille and Valentin! Caramel passed away in January. We suspect he got poisoned with anti-freeze. He was 17 years old. RIP.

See less See more
#2 ·
Aww they are so cute! I like Fifille! Poor thing had that horrible accident and STILL drug herself home! I was almost in tears reading that, thinking of what that poor cat went through.

RIP Caramel. that's so sad too..Poor old guy, he didn't deserve that ending. :(:(

We're trying to make our kitten an indoor cat. She hasn't figured out the dog door yet thankfully. But I'm trying to make her think that outside is a scary place so she wont want to go there, and giving her lots of toys and things to do inside so she'll like it better inside.

#3 ·
We really thought we were going to lose Fifille. At first we thought she wasn't coming home because she got killed. Then my dad came home from work and heard a meow, and said "fifille?" and called her and she meowed and meowed. She never did this, she was pretty wild and wouldn't care if you called her. And he saw she wasn't moving at the edge of the garden lying down and he picked her up and saw her back legs were limp. My parents drove her DIRECTLY to the vet, it cost so much money just for the x-ray. They saw she had a triple fracture on the hip bone where the leg is connected to the hip. They said we had 2 options: put her down now, or keep her in a cage for three months without moving in hopes it will heal correctly. She's my little brother's cat so my parents came home with her to decide as a family. We decided it was worth it to try and keep her in a cage and see if it was okay after a week. We gave her medicine to ease the pain, and she meowed a lot to get out the cage, but she seemed SO grateful that we were helping her. We got our friend acupuncturist to come do Rikei on her (hand healing), and that cat HATES strangers, and would usually try to bite, she started PURRING the instant the friend put her hands above her and fell asleep! it was amazing to see.
After a month she was already moving, and after 3, we took her back to the vet and she was fine! the bone healed really well and it all looked good. The toe fell shortly after, on my mom's bed. She thought it was a giant furry bumblebee haha. I don't think it hurt her, it was all dry, and it didn't bleed.
It still brings me to tears too what she must have gone through, it was a few years ago, and she's so different now and much sweeter, she's really grateful we helped her. Now she even comes and sits on our laps when we're in front of the TV. The only person she liked before was my little brother.

for indoor cat, it really depends on the cat. Caramel would meow all night long to go out, no matter how much we said no, same thing with fifille. Caramel was so sociable he'd go out to get into neighbor's houses and get more petting than just at home. Fifille was an ardent bird chaser, we put a bell on her neck so she didn't bring them in as presents for us. She still meows to go out but she knows why she's not allowed, that accident really changed her personality. So when it's nice out we take out a cage top and put it on the grass and we let her watch the birds and eat some grass for a few hours while watching her, she really likes it.

Tia however, is scared! she's allowed to go out because she never leaves the garden. She stays on the patio most of the time and comes back in after 5 minutes because she heard a bird or something.
Valentin never went out, and he never asks to go out. We've taken him out on a harness before and he likes it, but doesn't miss it.

If you never let her out, she shouldn't miss it :)

#4 ·
Poor Fifille! Reading the whole story made me cry. How your dad found her meowing at the edge of the garden...like she was calling for help. Smart cat, she knew when she was defeated and had to give in and get help from her humans lol.

That's what I am hoping, if I never let Jill out, she won't even know what she is missing. I had 2 cats a few years ago, one got hit by a car in my neighborhood and then the other one ran away. He was 4 blocks from my house when he got hit. And I had no idea until I put up signs and some kids came over and told me they saw Bosco get hit. A week later, Jaden ran away from home for 6 days. Then he finally came back, ate some food while sitting in my lap, and 2 days later he left and never came back... So that's always been my fear of owning a cat again, I'm praying nothing like that will happen again, so I'll just try to keep Jill an indoor cat for now lol.

#5 ·
She WAS really smart to crawl home and call for help!! Once Caramel didn't come home for 2 days and I was on my way to school and i thought I heard meowing, I looked around and it was very muffled so I thought I was dreaming because I wanted him to come home so bad. When I came home from school I heard it again at the same spot but just once or twice. So I RAN home and told my mom " Maybe I'm crazy but I think I hear caramel" so we went back to where I heard it on our street and my mom could hear it too. We'd call him and he'd meow more but it never got louder or closer. We were looking around and couldn't find him when suddenly my mom screamed I SEE HIM!! he was at the window of our neighbors garage! It was the end of summer and they must have left it open for the kids to put their bycicles and such and caramel must have entered without them seeing and they locked him up! After I thought, poor him, he saw me walk by without hearing him a few times!

It's always better I think to keep a cat indoors even thought they LOVE going outside, especially that Jill's black, at night she's invisible to cars!
And we don't watch cats when they are outside so they can get in all sorts of trouble!

#18 ·
cats are the funniest animals, i was always scared of letting my cat out got him at 12 weeks and he was just under one when he first got out, i was petrified and got him in after a few mins then he got too confidant and he went in the dark n went missing, i was heartbroken put posters up. looked everywhere n just when i was losing hope my sis walked in with the "found" poster it was him £170 to get him out of vets but he was soo worth it he slept for 2 weeks solid when he got home then after a few weeks he started going to the door (not crying) so i let him out in daylight now he goes out all the time n doesnt leave the yard if i go out i bring him in or if he wont budge i leave him and when i get back he cries on at me as if to say "why you left me out here" lol then i got mt kitten a few weeks ago, he was about 8 weeks and he follows freddy out he looks so tiny being out but if the door slams shut he meows to be back in, i feel safe letting them out as i know they dont go out the yard but the kitten is so cute how hes so young and knows to come back in lol hes about 12/13 weeks now

#7 ·
They are so so cute!! I love the pictures of all the little kittens eating :D

RIP Caramel :heart: At least he had a good long life.

And the picture of Fifille in the sink is so stinkin cute!!! I can't believe she made it home like that!

#8 ·
I think he only cried when he saw us! Poor little guy came out skinnier and dehydrated (but he was so fat he could've stayed in there for a week no problem haha)
Everyone loved him, he was so sweet! My aunt is the one who made him fat (he was like 15 pounds), when we moved to the US we couldn't take all the cats at the same time, so we left him for 6 months with her until she came to visit. He was used to having a certain amount of food and then nothing else for the day. She had a kind of dispenser where the cats can eat as much as he wants and she brought him back to us OBESE! we never managed to make him lose the weight, a woman called us once saying he ate all the food she put out for ferral cats... haha

#10 ·
Lol my cat loves to drink from the sink also, Oscar, he looks a bit like Caramel and Valentin. He is obsessed with water he begs for it!! He doesn't beg for meat or anything just water. He drinks from the toilet and the tub =P

#11 ·
Sorry--I can't figure out how the "quote" feature works (can someone tell me?) ...but anyway, it was mentioned several times about them going outside and safer inside, etc. I've never had any problems with any of my cats wanting to go out except for Lucky! He gets so depressed about it, so we bought a 10 x 10 chain link dog kennel, covered the top, and put shelves, logs, & all sorts of things in there for him so he can safely be outside when he wants. He loves it!

#14 ·
At the bottom of someone's post there is a button simply says "Quote" press it and go ahead and reply!

*****your kitties are uber adorable!! :tonguerol I love the tortie mama! Gorgeous coloring! Somehow I miss kittens but maan, tiny scratches and itty bitty teeth, demons ! Too cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.