Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got my dwarf hamster! i picked the lesser agressive one of the like 5, havent sexed it yet, the pet store made me do it all myself! they wouldnt even sex it. right now its just kind of hanging out in its cage im gonna let it get adjusted before i really worry about taming. it's little it doesnt look old at all. but there were 2 or three smaller. he has food water a wheel several dozen chew toys and a loving mommy! :)

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm 90% sure she's a girl. it's hard to look without almost being bitten. i'm naming her Alice. :) i kind of think she might be a robo dwarf, she looked a lot different than the ones with her and i want to make sure i know forsure before i try and tame one.

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also have a question, my rat food says "rat mouse and hamster food" and its a lab block. and my gerbil food says hamster and gerbil. can i mix these? thegerbil food is like a seed, veggie mix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If the bag says Hamster food on it then it's fine. Lab blocks are a good source of food because it is 100% balanced. However, Hamsters get bored of food so I would suggest mixing a Hamster Seed Mix like Hazel Hamster or Carefresh Complete with the lab blocks. This gives an even more balanced diet that is also entertaining and a natural way of eating for Hamsters.

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright so when i feed ill add the lab blocks. thanks!

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Horray what are her colors?

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Yay for you! I am sure you and your new ham will love eachother.
I got my Hannibal about a month ago and he is the best little old man. lol
Good luck. And make sure you post pictures when you can. :)

·
the bigger heart
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
she's brown, and tan and grey with a black stripe and white underbelly. ill try to get pictures of her shes a fast little one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts