Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And its not a rat I thought I would ever be saying this about. Rhesus is a nice boy to me, hateful to other rats for the most part, or hated by other rats (Sage actually reacted badly to him, and he had a whole pile of surface wounds...healed now). He's neutered and suddenly I realized that my very active boy, who was NOT cuddly, etc...has become my comforter. My neck and sides have felt absolutely bare since Hope and Eli both left me. Something has always felt like it was missing...until now. One night he slept under the blanket near me...the next time, he cuddled up to my side/back. Then he decided "I am going to stop pussyfooting around!" and just climbed up and slept ON me. He sleeps on my side, the side of my leg or my belly (depending on what position I am in, I am a very light sleeper and shift a lot)...he's a nakie so he's a hot water bottle, and loves a bit of bare skin to warm his toes on...of course that bit of skin gets all comfortingly toasty with him on it LOL...he stays ALL night with me, with brief excursions for a drink or something similar, and he's even begun licking me! He's only 18 months and my brusque boy is now my Comfort. I sleep so much better with him out...as I said something was missing, and Rhesus is stepping up to fill the void. :heart: :heart:

I would love to show pics of him sleeping on me, but I never have the camera nearby...one day!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
He is soo adorable

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
That is so sweet!! :heart::heart:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
How sweet is that?? Aww, hubby and I both melted reading that. Rhesus has such a sweet face...he LOOKS like a cuddler to me! We LOVED that photo of him smiling right into the camera with his teeth showing. Looked like he was saying, "Cheese!!" for his photograph. What a love bug! I am glad you have a new bed cuddler to fill the void. So nice!! :D

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
There's a real part of me that wishes we could co-sleep with our boys. Your stories about your bedrats makes me want them even more. Rhesus-monkey is such a gorgeous little dude.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
There's a real part of me that wishes we could co-sleep with our boys. Your stories about your bedrats makes me want them even more. Rhesus-monkey is such a gorgeous little dude.
I know!! Lilspaz--do you just allow your rats free reign in your house, or do they have certain areas that they can enter? I'm wondering how that would work without them chewing on things they shouldn't...

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know!! Lilspaz--do you just allow your rats free reign in your house, or do they have certain areas that they can enter? I'm wondering how that would work without them chewing on things they shouldn't...
depends on the rat/group for Out time...most run, some stay on a desk, as they aren't trustworthy, some stay on the bed/couch. They mostly run and then get put back, since I have so many groups they don't get time to relax and start chewing for the most part LOL

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Haha, I see! I wish Stan would sleep with me, but he's just too independent of a soul to allow cuddling for more than a few minutes before getting antsy and needing his space. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts