Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

I just got a new ..

Tags
new bunny
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  binkies 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.. it's been awhile since i've been on here . i just rescued a rabbit from shelter . and he is doing fanstic .. he very very friendly .. the lets you hand feed his treats and loves being peted .. he is new zeland whit bunny (aka) albino ! i'll post a pic of him up here in few.

but firat i have few things that need to know.. one when he gets his toe nails clipped will be able to still scratch even though he is clipped ? and can i give him the same kind of chews as i would give my chin girls.. those of you who know that i had three chins .. i'm down to two now. my buttons died in late march for unknow reason..

#2 ·
Hi, congrats on your new bun!

Yup, buns will always scratch. Cutting their nails doesn't really make them duller, just shorter.

What kinds of chews do you give your chin? (Not very familiar with chinnies, sorry!) Wood chews like willow and apple branches are great for them. The most important chewy thing you can give them is hay though, because it's the only thing that can wear down their back teeth.

#5 ·
Congrats on the bunny!! I'm SO glad you chose an albino NZW. There are like 6 or so at my rescue bc of the stigma attached to albino animals :(
His nails will always scratch! lol depends on how you hold him etc, Acacia can scratch me but I only pick her up for grooming and taking her outside so I'm spared a lot of the time. Pictures?!?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.