Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a list of all the recalled dog and cat foods for mom.She doesn't have a computer and wants a list handy.I looked,but cannot find any lists...all I find is the press release info.So could anyone help me?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
yes there was a whole thread about it right when it happened...it was under the Animal Welfare & Legal Issues forums here on PT

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I didn't see it!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went and copied the list and I DID see that thread...I just forgot about it! :rolleyes: Thank you.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me too.She looked at the list and was feeding Purina (I think)...I could be wrong.The kitty is going to the vet in a couple of weeks anyway,as he is being neutered.But if he has ANY symptoms,she is taking him right away.Both CoCo and Illusion seem to be fine tho! They haven't gotten sick or showed any sign of illness.

Guess what I found out today? My mom's friend's friend had a cat that died from one of the infected foods! :worry: He was on the news and everything!

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
REALLY? :eek: I feel bad for those people who has had pets die b/c of this. I am checking the store where I work next shift to see what the dates are on them and if they were recalled, but both of my supervisors probably had as the both have either cats or dogs.

·
Title Thief Victim
3,089 Posts
I guess Ol'roy was on the list (it said it was in my paper) someones dog down the road died from eating it..and well my dog ate ol' roy. :-(

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
yeah i bet lotz of people are worried about Ol Roy dog food...its always available at walmart and i always saw people buying those big bags of it there. I hope their pets are okay :confused:
Hope your dog is going to be okay too Carissa

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea ol'roy is not the best food but it helps when you are low on funds, thats what we did.....I had to throw a half eaten bag away, because it was on the list.....I've been watching my dogs closely too.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I hope you guys know that the dry food isn't infected. It's just the canned and pouched and it's food made before a certain date.

The store should have pulled all the food from the shelves because it's recalled. If they didn't there would have been a lawsuit.

you can get a list at

Menu Foods Income Fund

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are pulling dry stuff off the shelves too,at least here they are! It was on the news!

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Yea I think I just saw something about that too, sorry.

Anyway I believe that all the food should be affected.

This whole animal thing is a controversy if you think about it. There are A LOT of rumors flying and whatnot.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Yeah there are lotz of rumors and its scary not knowing what is truth and what is just rumor and making things worse for us pet owners....Lets just hope they get it all figured out and straightended out and that none of our pets are affected.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I guess everyone should start feeding raw diets to their pets.

I know people that have been looking into it and are definitely doing it now because of the recall.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was actually telling mom about the raw food diet the other night! :)

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
Me too, I was also thinking on making my own cat food for them...

·
Registered
547 Posts
i heard that some people are cooking beef and chicken for their animals. I can't afford to feed myself that every night I'm sure not going to be cooking for my dog and 2 cats every night. Right now i'm feeding Ol Roy Kibbles chunks and chews (I know bad food) But I talked to someone at the dog show in Pittsburgh on Sunday about an all natural food that has never had any recalls and doesn't use wheat and such so I may look into getting that even though it is a little bit more. On the plus side it is delivered right to your door with free shipping I think. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts