Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new cage for 8-10 rats online. I'm not sure what the exact measurements should be. I have a ton of 4-6 rat cages, but I need to consolidate. Does anyone know a link to a cage that would fit 8-10 rats???

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
8-10 rats in one cage is only the Martin's R-699 (RUUD)m, but make sure its powdercoated. Its a nice big cage but can be pain to clean and move around.

Other than that you only have the Ferret Nation (depending on the size of the rats) and the Critter Nation.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
My favorite is the Critter Nation. You can fit up 12 or so rats in the double if they all get along well. It's easy to clean, and easy to decorate. The bar spacing of the critter nation is good for males and females.

On the downside, it's awkward to maneuver @ 100lbs. It also has shallow pans that don't work if you use pour in bedding (I use felt)-something lots of people get around by purchasing WARE pans. It also can be expensive if you don't shop around...up to $400 dollars w/ shipping.

I got mine for $225. When I looked tonight I found one for $260 no shipping and handling here: http://www.wayfair.com/Midwest-Pets...ith-Stand-162-MDW1242.html?refid=FR49-MDW1242

1 - 7 of 7 Posts