Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all :) Remember the question I wrote a couple of weeks ago regarding if my only option was to give away my aggresive degu? I took him to the vet, and we agreed to give neutering a try. He is the largest and most fit of them all, so the vet said that the anaesthesia should be ok for him. So we went and got it done last tuesday. Until yesterday he laid flat on the floor of his cage, I cried alot, awful to see him in pain!!! But yesterday he went into the wheel again, ate alot and now wants to come out all the time. And guess what!!! He doesn`t bite anymore!!! I`m so insanely happy! I feel like I have gotten a new degu!!!! :) :D :D :D Happy, happy, happy! Thanks for all of your advices. Now his name is no longer Pitbull Terje, just Terje :D

Lots of good easter wishes for all.

Trinity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) It cost me around £80, definitly worth it! :D The wet said that it could take up to 6 months before the testestoron is gone, but there are already a great change in his personality. It`s been one week since the surgical operation and in three days we have to go back to get the stitches out... Ouch :( :) I will wait a while longer before re-introducing them, yes :) :D I`m soooo happy I get to keep him I don`t have words for it :) :D Woooohoi!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yay i am excited for you too!!

Getting stitches out really doesn't hurt, it kind of tickles (been there :p) your goo probably won't mind other than being held in a not so comfy position when it happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.