Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a sugarglider could you tell me alittle about them that I would need to know before getting one. I know I could reserch them but I would rather hear from Owners. THANKS :talk:

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey! I own three sugargliders: one male and two females. If you plan on getting gliders I would suggest more then one b/c they are very social animals and need a lot of attention. So having two is a great idea. You also will need a stable diet. I have had my gliders for 7 years and I still have yet to find the 'perfect' diet. I use zookeepers secret (type in suncoast sugar gliders on google and you should find the site). They really are great pets and I couldn't imagine life without them but they are a lot more complex then most other household pets considering their diet and housing, etc.
I hope things work out for you! If you have any questions feel free to pm me! :D
--oh and I almost forgot, make sure you have an exotic vet that knows about sugar gliders! I have a pretty good vet that I had to make a few visits to before, so that's also quite important!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I don't know anything about gliders, but I do know that some states have restricitons on them. If you haven't already, you should talk to your state department of agriculture for exotic animals. The number is here

·
Registered
135 Posts
here is the sugar glider website I had mentioned earlier. I would recommend that you take a look at it. I got my food, cage, and all my toys from there. It also gives some information about the lil pocket pets :pile:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow

thanks alot for the website looks like a good source of knowledge. I will do my reserch first for sure. thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts