Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty large fenced in area beside of my house that I would like to turn into a rabbit run. I already know I need to secure the fence (chain-link)--not sure what I will use to do that...any thoughts on how to turn my space into a cool place for my bunns?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
although they will need to be supervised while out there what if you put a bunch of toys out for them, like a dig box where theres treats under it or something :)

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
To line the chain link?? They should probably be fine and not get stuck in them, however, to line it maybe you can find that bright orange construction site plastic netting stuff? Or if you can get a hold of dark chicken wire you can use that as well :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah- I want to line the fence b/c there are some gaps here and there from erosion/rain etc. I guess securing the fence is the first important thing to do to the area!! I'm going to check out the chicken-wire. Even though I would never put them out unsupervised I want to be able to relax while we're out there--and not worry about them slipping through a crack!! I think I'm gonna put a small salad garden in the area too--that's as simple as turning the ground and throwing in the seeds--it doesn't have to be pretty--but it will be something healthy for my bunns to much while outdoors. I'm going to look into the 'digging box'--I also want to look into tunnels/safe hide aways that I can make with chewable wood.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Things to keep in mind are that a lot of bunnies like to dig, so you'd have to keep a close eye on them if there is a chance that they could dig under the fence.

Also I don't know if this is a problem where you live, but where I am I'd be concerned about birds of prey like hawks coming down from the air.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah--I'm not in the city and hawks could def. be a problem--I would def. NOT leave the area at all when they would be out--I do the same for my dogs! I know there are other animals in my area that would potentially enjoy a bunny meal--coyote's-dogs running loose (country area doesn't have a leash law and I lost 2 pet ducks to dogs running loose). I would have to watch the digging closely--I haven't started working on the area yet--and I appreciate ALL of the good ideas you guys have!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a fenced in area for a rabbit run. I laid down wire fencing all around the fence line, so they won't dig out. I also put up some posts so I can put bird netting over the area. It works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts