Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blitzen LOVES ice! Sometimes I fill up his water with ice and give him one too, except this time I decided to see if he's get it himself from his bowl. When he finally realized that he could get it himself, he stuck his whole face in the water and finally got one. Like always he gets excited when he gets ice and runs around like a maniac, except this time he made the ice slip across the living room, in front of a wall and decided to run for it. He ran, ran straight into the wall (no hole though) and my daughter decided he needed a hug, so she hugs him. And he let her hug him for a whole min or so! Surprise!! Then he just kind of looked at the really small piece of ice and went to his water bowl, took another one and ran around like a maniac again. This time it went under the couch and he gave up on ice. LMAO! Love the crazy mutt to bits! =)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I often throw ice cubes in the bath tub for my pups. Well, when they used to fit in the tub.... I think my favorite thing is when they blow bubbles in the water. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried that, but it sounds like fun! lol. Gonna try that on Monday night! I don't know if he'll even try to get it though...he gets really stiff during bath time. Getting him to lift his paws or move around is so not easy- especially now that he's a LOT bigger than when we just got him. But he might like the ice and be a little more playful during bath times and maaaybe I'll stop getting the hatred look. lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
If he isn't a fan of the tub due to washing it may take some time. Mine are too big to fight with so keeping it positive has been a huge priority for me. Playing games in the bathroom has been helpful. Noah used to jump in the shower with me. I'll have to put a large standing shower on my wish list for the next place.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Cute! My dog looves ice too. Lately he's been going nuts outside because we just got 14 more inches of snow on top of what we already had, and Kit loooves picking up the chunks of ice and playing with them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if he'll ever like bath time but he get's it every Monday night after his very last walk, I'm hoping eventually he'll get used to it. I'm gonna try the ice tonight and I'm gonna get him some bath toys...so we shall see how it goes.
I can't keep him out for long right now because we're in the late -50s and its freakin FREEZING out there. On really cold and windy days, he won't even stay for long. He does what he's gotta do and then we run back inside. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts