Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 degus are randomly fighting. Ones toe is kinda torn and was bleeding. ones gum was bleeding, and another one has another tron toe, None of them are bleeding anymore!

They're fine for about 10-15 mins and then the start jumping around, wrestling on the ground, and chirping at each other. also they are putting there butts up to each others faces.

The fights are only lasting up to 2-3 mins.

If anyone is online and knows why they are doing this PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I'm scared they are gonna seriously hurt each other!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I don't have any experience with degu's but it sounds like a hierarchy thing to me, establishing who is the top degu (I don't really know if they practise this form of living). I would recommend you separate them though. I would contact a vet on the severity of the injuries as well. The last think you need is infection! If degu's do not do the hierarchy thing I would think the cage is too small. I hope someone knows more and can help you!

In the meantime, separate!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Has anything changed in their environment recently? New degu added? Degu newly matured? Cage moved or cleaned? How big is the cage?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys i haven't been on since then! they stopped about ten minutes after i posted. They all were fine. they only limped because there feet were cute and the bottom of our cage is not solid. ones eye was a little swollen. but about half a week to a week later they were all fine :) thanks for the help :)

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sorry guys i haven't been on since then! they stopped about ten minutes after i posted. They all were fine. they only limped because there feet were cute and the bottom of our cage is not solid. ones eye was a little swollen. but about half a week to a week later they were all fine :) thanks for the help :)
I'm glad they stopped fighting. Did you switch to a solid cage bottom?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts