Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys n gals. Its Jimmie. I cant really remember how big our rat family was when last I posted but wow has it grown! We started with Hector, then we rescued Robin & Whiskers. Then I drove to north florida to pick up Jackie (stripe) and Chan (spot). Then we went to the pet store and got Nadia and Greyson. Shorly after that we got Ny Ny. That put us at eight.. Then one day.. either Jackie or Chan did the rat wild thing with Ny Ny.. and a month later BAM 12 little ones!!! At first we were going to find good homes for them.. But I couldnt let them go.. so now I have 21 rats!! But wait.. I had 8.. and 12 were born.. thats only 20.. we found a rat/mouse who was like 5 days old and we fed it and made her go poo and pee.. and now she is a little ball of super energy! Wait till you see a video of her.. Anyway.. so here is a list of my kiddos now.. and a few pictures of the boys.. No pictures of the girls yet.. they are next.

Boys... Girls

Hector Greyson
Robin Nadia
Whiskers Ny Ny (mommy to the boys and girls in all caps)
Jackie LUNA
Chan TT (TINY TOT.. WAS THE RUNT)
LEFTY SQUEEKS
RIGHTY OREO
ZURK PERI
SLASH Lucky (the mouse/rat)
JIMBO
IDAHO
DUTCH

AND A FEW PICTURES...

This is Jimbo!!

Say hi to Dutch and Idaho..

Idaho and Slash running out the door.

Me trying to get a good picture of Dutch.

My baby boy Chan!

Thats my little buddy Hector!!! He is my gilligan and im the skipper. LOL

Munch... Munch.. Munch

It's Jimbo again

Jimbo and either Lefty or righty.. Cant tell which by the picture

Here we have Chan up top with the spot.. and Jackie kinda right below him.

What a cuttie!!

Look at Hector in the background... still eating!! HEHE

Next post will be for the girls!!

Love ya all!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Jimmie, WOW, 21 rats!! Yowza! I was just wondering how you were doing with your kiddos the other day so it is great that you checked in to say hello, yay! :wavey:

Wow, I remember when this all started with the little mice you found, and that led to Hector....and Hector is SO big now! How is he doing? Looks like he is a happy eater, eh? Our sweet lil Hector...he was sooo small at first (sigh, aren't they all?).

How are you managing with 21 rats? I always feel like I have my hands full just spoiling 2 boy rats so you must be a busy man, eh?

Loved seeing the photos...all your kids are gorgeous and adorable! :D

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Wow that is a lot of rats for a new owner. Are you planning on neutering all the boys or spaying all the girls to prevent further accidents?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to. But I do not have them money. They DO NOT interact with each other at all. The first (and only) accident happened when tonya used to let them play together and would try to keep an eye on them. I kept on telling her its only a matter of time.. Anyway I love them all.. Greyson had to get an operation this weekend.. She has a largo tumor froming on her side.. you will see when I post the girl pictures. They are all happy rats tho! They love to climb all over me when I take them out for playtime each day.. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to. But I do not have them money. They DO NOT interact with each other at all. The first (and only) accident happened when tonya used to let them play together and would try to keep an eye on them. I kept on telling her its only a matter of time.. Anyway I love them all.. Greyson had to get an operation this weekend.. She has a largo tumor froming on her side.. you will see when I post the girl pictures. They are all happy rats tho! They love to climb all over me when I take them out for playtime each day.. lol
Oh sure, blame it all on me, it's all my fault:tonguerol.... Accidental or not, we love them all and wouldn't trade any of them. We thought we would be able to sell most of them, but once they were weened they all had their own personality and were just adorable and fell so in love with them. Nyny was such a great mother too for being so young, we helped her a little when they got about 3 and 4 weeks old and got too big for her to nurse all of them at once. Her first litter of 12 and they all made it, 7 boys 5 girls, 6 berks and 6 capped with spots on their back and 6 standard and 6 dumbo and they're all mixed up too. Oh, and TT name did not start out as that, I was teeny. Anyway, we love our babies very much and love it when they all come running over to greet you and try to climb you, it's kind of like being attacked by a buch of pint sized pupies, it's one of the happiest moments of coming home. Right honey:blowkiss::hug4::hugg2::lovers:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Glad to see you back, Jimmie! And your little guys are ADORABLE!!! And wow, I can not even imagine how crazy your place is, now! hehehe! As always, Hector is super cute, and he has gotten so big!! Great to see new pics of him, and the rest of the gang. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts